News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

BBC: Second Spanish Civil War Is Possible

Started by jimmy olsen, October 03, 2012, 08:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 03, 2012, 10:05:05 PM
I support whatever side is fighting against the commies/anarchists.

You know, sometimes a little anarchy is good for the soul.  Helps people find their moral compass.  Amazing the clarity of vision a few well-placed explosive devices can provide.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on October 03, 2012, 10:03:25 PM
Some of Europe's most successful post-communist states have been very, very small, such as Slovenia or the Baltics.
In fairness most of the Baltics have suffered huge recessions and Slovenia needs an EZ bailout.  On the upside, they got into the Euro - so well done them.
Let's bomb Russia!

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 03, 2012, 10:21:29 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 03, 2012, 10:03:25 PM
Some of Europe's most successful post-communist states have been very, very small, such as Slovenia or the Baltics.
In fairness most of the Baltics have suffered huge recessions and Slovenia needs an EZ bailout.  On the upside, they got into the Euro - so well done them.

Yeah, the Baltics had massive negative GDP growth in 2008/9 and are only slowly recovering, with unemployment over 20% in each country.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on October 03, 2012, 09:29:40 PM
Why?  What good would it do?  Splitting Europe into Micro-States for no reason only serves to make the continents problems worse not better.  The regions of Europe need to be coordinating more in order to meet the challenges they are facing not splitting into pieces to satisfy nationalist douchebaggery.

Unity through disunity.
The more the old nations are split the more federalised the small new nations can become.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 03, 2012, 09:27:05 PM
I support Basque independence.

Yeah, I went there.

But you've always supported terrorists, so long as they're white.  What's new?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on October 03, 2012, 11:51:39 PM

As katmai and I can attest, Basques aren't always characterized as white.   <_<

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 03, 2012, 11:54:40 PM

Depends on the person, I'd say.  Their version of Mitt Romney is fairly white.

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Meh, he just doesn't get out enough.  2 hours in the sun, and he'd be brown as a berry.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on October 03, 2012, 10:18:21 PM
But size has nothing to do with how successful a country is.

But you are the one who said

Quote from: ValmySplitting Europe into Micro-States for no reason only serves to make the continents problems worse not better.

You have constantly asserted that small countries are bound to fail.

I think the evidence on that is less than complete.

Coming from Canada... assertions that the breakup of the country is unthinkable is actually not very helpful.  It only empowers the extremists.  When you say 'okay you can separate - but then what' helps to bring the discussion back to reality/
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

Are all of our Spaniards going to be on the same side? :unsure:

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 03, 2012, 11:54:40 PM

The european and american scales of "what is white" are very different. A persian friend of mine from texas who loved straight edge and hard core punk found that in america he could go to the nazi skinhead concerts in america without any problems, when he went to berlin, however, they immediated identified him by his large nose and chased him off. The commie and antifa skinheads accepted him in both cases, but since he was one of the 1% he didn't really fit in there either.

The point is that he went from being white in america to being black in europe; this was a shock to him.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Gups

Quote from: Tyr on October 04, 2012, 05:28:28 AM
Yeah, Spanish are Latin, not white.

Basques aren't Spanish.

And of course Spaniards are white. White isn't just Anglo-Saxon or Nordic.