The Thurston Mittens the 3rd Veep Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, July 06, 2012, 05:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I have a feeling Jeb Bush will run in 2016.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

dps

Quote from: Caliga on July 09, 2012, 07:07:08 PM

Had Hilary won in 2008, and made it through 2 complete terms, we would have had 28 straight years with either a Bush or a Clinton in the White House.  A Jeb Bush win in 2016 and re-election 4 years later could have pushed that to 36 years.  Maybe then it would have been Chelsea's turn.

garbon

Quote from: dps on July 09, 2012, 07:15:39 PM

Had Hilary won in 2008, and made it through 2 complete terms, we would have had 28 straight years with either a Bush or a Clinton in the White House.  A Jeb Bush win in 2016 and re-election 4 years later could have pushed that to 36 years.  Maybe then it would have been Chelsea's turn.

I don't see why that is inherently a problem.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

Veep will probably be a woman.  Probably a more intelligent woman than last time.
PDH!

DGuller

Admiral Yi

Hey Guller, did you send your check by gound mail?  :hmm:

DGuller

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

I think it depends on how much the Tea Party wing dissipates;  if the HNIC wins reelection, they'll be just as strong in 2016, as his existence is the only reason why they're in existence.

dps

Quote from: garbon on July 10, 2012, 08:46:47 AM
Quote from: dps on July 09, 2012, 07:15:39 PM

I don't see why that is inherently a problem.

It isn't, though it's a bit of interesting trivia.  Actually, I guess it's less than that--it's would-have-been or might-have-been trivia.

CountDeMoney

Apparently, the Veep Shortlist:
Jindal, Pawlenty, Portman, Rubio, Ryan.

Ick.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 11, 2012, 08:48:26 AM
Apparently, the Veep Shortlist:
Jindal, Pawlenty, Portman, Rubio, Ryan.

Ick.

Natalie Portman and Meg Ryan could warm Mitt's image a bit.

Eddie Teach

I don't know if Natalie will be considered a natural born citizen or not, but at any rate she has to wait 'til 2016 due to age requirement.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?