The Thurston Mittens the 3rd Veep Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, July 06, 2012, 05:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

You are so small! It's funny to me!

My Nerd reference for July.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 13, 2012, 09:13:13 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 13, 2012, 06:52:45 AM
Like SEC filings?  Merely clerical errors.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/do-bain-sec-documents-suggest-mitt-romney-is-a-criminal/2012/07/12/gJQAlyPpgW_blog.html

Do Bain SEC documents suggest Mitt Romney is a criminal?  No.  Silly question.
Do Bain SEC documents suggest Mitt Romney is an under-the-table, no-good, shady-ass Richie Rich that likes to play shell games with his money with a public relations problem his campaign can't seem to get out from under?  Yes.  But we knew that already.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 13, 2012, 09:22:12 AM
Do Bain SEC documents suggest Mitt Romney is an under-the-table, no-good, shady-ass Richie Rich that likes to play shell games with his money with a public relations problem his campaign can't seem to get out from under?  Yes.  But we knew that already.

Eh, no they don't.  And I don't see any evidence that the Obama campaign's misguided attacks are having much of an effect in voters' minds.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 13, 2012, 02:07:35 PM

Eh, no they don't.  And I don't see any evidence that the Obama campaign's misguided attacks are having much of an effect in voters' minds.

Of course you don't; your mind is thicker than VonMoltke's bed frame supports.  Quinnipiac, Pew and Rasmussen are saying otherwise.

I hope President Romney outsources your entire family straight out of Dumbfuckistan.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 13, 2012, 02:13:09 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 13, 2012, 02:07:35 PM

Of course you don't; your mind is thicker than VonMoltke's bed frame supports.  Quinnipiac, Pew and Rasmussen are saying otherwise.

I don't see much change in those, other than the normal weekly ebb & flow.  If Obama were doing as well (and Romney doing as poorly) as you seem to think, it'd be about 65 to 35 in Obama's favor.

I hope President Romney outsources your entire family straight out of Dumbfuckistan.

I'm not even sure what that means.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on July 13, 2012, 06:44:20 AM
There are plenty of other things you could poke at Romney about... like things he actually had something to do with, for example. :sleep:

:yes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on July 13, 2012, 02:20:27 PM
I'm not even sure what that means.

Have you noticed that the deeper we get into the campaign, the more Seedy sounds like bmollsen?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 13, 2012, 03:14:42 PM
Have you noticed that the deeper we get into the campaign, the more Seedy sounds like bmollsen?

Wait until September. 

RADIO HOSE YOU DID POTTED PLANT SHORN  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Sheilbh

I've not followed this thing enough to comment on the substance, but I've two superficial thoughts.

It seems the story is very much being dictated by the Obama campaign. So far it feels like Romney's failed to cobble together or to articulate a strong defence, or to communicate his perspective.

Also Romney should never, ever have asked for an apology. He's in politics, running for President. Weak, weak, weak.

Also I suspect, though may be wrong, that this story could gain traction in defining Romney especially in Mid-Western swing states.
Let's bomb Russia!

Scipio

Quote from: derspiess on July 13, 2012, 09:13:13 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 13, 2012, 06:52:45 AM
Like SEC filings?  Merely clerical errors.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/do-bain-sec-documents-suggest-mitt-romney-is-a-criminal/2012/07/12/gJQAlyPpgW_blog.html

Do Bain SEC documents suggest Mitt Romney is a criminal?  No.  Silly question.
Is that like the 350k a year job Michelle Obama had at UChicago that magically was created for her and disappeared after she left?
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Scipio on July 13, 2012, 08:06:40 PM
Is that like the 350k a year job Michelle Obama had at UChicago that magically was created for her and disappeared after she left?

Nope. $350k is peanuts compared to Mittens profiteering.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 13, 2012, 06:29:02 PM
So far it feels like Romney's failed to cobble together or to articulate a strong defence, or to communicate his perspective.

Well, he did do the evening news interview circuit tonight.  To his credit, he only used "I don't recall" a few times.

QuoteAlso Romney should never, ever have asked for an apology. He's in politics, running for President. Weak, weak, weak.

Yeah, everybody's a big meanie to him.  For a campaign that survived that pit bull fight of a primary, they sure seem lost playing defense.

QuoteAlso I suspect, though may be wrong, that this story could gain traction in defining Romney especially in Mid-Western swing states.

Doubtful.  I don't think midwesterners pay much attention to the news, other than there's a black dude in Der Weiss Haus.