The Thurston Mittens the 3rd Veep Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, July 06, 2012, 05:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Faeelin on July 06, 2012, 08:47:32 AM
I can't see what's in it for Christie. He could've had a shot at the presidency, so why settle for VP?

If he takes the veep spot on a losing ticket he gets national exposure and face time with all the players.  If he takes the veep spot on a winning ticket he gets all that plus a shitty job for 4 to 8 years.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 06, 2012, 08:42:30 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 06, 2012, 06:27:19 AM
They may have no choice but to play it safe with another boring white guy, but not one that can show up Mittens in the personality department.  The Veep'll have to be even duller.

I don't know - given how meh everyone is it'd be nice to have some invigorating in the wings.

Has the Mittens campaign ever given you a single reason to see anything invigorating in it at all?  Anywhere?  So why start now?

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 06, 2012, 09:00:53 AM
Has the Mittens campaign ever given you a single reason to see anything invigorating in it at all?  Anywhere?  So why start now?

I've not seen anything from this recent Obama campaign either, so maybe I'm just hoping that someone pull something out.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 06, 2012, 09:08:28 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 06, 2012, 09:00:53 AM

I've not seen anything from this recent Obama campaign either, so maybe I'm just hoping that someone pull something out.

YOU'RE NOT LEANING FORWARD

Martinus

Isn't Pawlenty a boring white dude with weird religious beliefs, so essentially Mitt Mk 2.0?

I know Romney is determined to lose these elections, but even he must realize that he needs to choose someone who will appeal to the part of the demographic that considers him currently unelectable. So either someone more "hip" like Christie or someone Latino.

Martinus

dps

Quote from: Tamas on July 06, 2012, 06:20:42 AM

Altough why does it matter?

-not even Americans can be stupid enough to make President out of Romney

Historically, we've made Presidents out of guys like Franklin Pierce, Rutherford B. Hayes, Warren Harding, and Bill Clinton. 

Quote-he is a rich white man, who would assassinate him, making the VP choice relevant?

Interestingly, all of our Presidents who have been assissinated have been white men, though I guess none of them were as wealthy as Romney.

Martinus

Quote from: dps on July 06, 2012, 09:35:57 AM
Interestingly, all of our Presidents who have been assissinated have been white men, though I guess none of them were as wealthy as Romney.

Interestingly, all your Presidents bar one have been white men, you idiot.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on July 06, 2012, 09:33:32 AM
Isn't Pawlenty a boring white dude with weird religious beliefs, so essentially Mitt Mk 2.0?

A little more aw-shucks folkiness, with less money. 

Raised Catholic, became Lutheran when he got married, now an evangelical Baptist.  Talk about playing the field.

dps

Quote from: Martinus on July 06, 2012, 09:37:42 AM

Someone's sarcasometer is broken.

Martinus

Quote from: dps on July 06, 2012, 09:41:32 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 06, 2012, 09:37:42 AM

Someone's sarcasometer is broken.

:P

Viking

Pick Christie, he'll have Biden for Breakfast.. literally.. at the VP debate.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Viking on July 06, 2012, 09:44:24 AM
Pick Christie, he'll have Biden for Breakfast.. literally.. at the VP debate.
It's not his fault! :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on July 06, 2012, 10:03:55 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 06, 2012, 09:33:32 AM
So either someone more "hip" like Christie

:blink:

By Republican standards. :P

I thought he has been making centrist noises on stuff like pot or gay rights?