The Thurston Mittens the 3rd Veep Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, July 06, 2012, 05:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Is it me, or is it becoming more and more obvious that it's going to be Tim Pawlenty?

Tamas

CountDeMoney

Tamas

This whole thread makes no sense to me whatsoever.

katmai

Haven't been paying attention to whom mr Mormon will pick as his veep.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

The only buzz I'm catching is about Marco.

Boy can talk up a storm.

Tamas

Quote from: katmai on July 06, 2012, 06:04:58 AM
Haven't been paying attention to whom mr Mormon will pick as his veep.

ah, now it's starting to make sense.

Altough why does it matter?

-not even Americans can be stupid enough to make President out of Romney
-he is a rich white man, who would assassinate him, making the VP choice relevant?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 06, 2012, 06:10:13 AM

Boy can talk up a storm.
I'm a big fan of Marco.  But I think this'd be a mistake for him, he should keep his powder dry for 2016.

Also I think it could be risky for Mitt to choose a VP who's that much more base-friendly and that much more charismatic.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 06, 2012, 06:10:13 AM

Really?  He sorta seems to have tapered off the last 2 weeks or so;  I've seen Pawlenty in front of more than one podium though.
I dunno...I can see why the GOP would consider Marco an attractive candidate, but he's a bit unseasoned, and I think there's a lot of gun-shyness after The Grizzly Mom Experiment.

They may have no choice but to play it safe with another boring white guy, but not one that can show up Mittens in the personality department.  The Veep'll have to be even duller.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on July 06, 2012, 06:49:15 AM
Christie  :showoff:

No way, man.  As much fun as Biden v Christie would be, Mittens would never go for it.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 06, 2012, 06:27:19 AM
They may have no choice but to play it safe with another boring white guy, but not one that can show up Mittens in the personality department.  The Veep'll have to be even duller.

I don't know - given how meh everyone is it'd be nice to have some invigorating in the wings.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Faeelin

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 06, 2012, 07:42:54 AM
Quote from: Caliga on July 06, 2012, 06:49:15 AM
Christie  :showoff:

No way, man.  As much fun as Biden v Christie would be, Mittens would never go for it.

I can't see what's in it for Christie. He could've had a shot at the presidency, so why settle for VP?

garbon

Quote from: Faeelin on July 06, 2012, 08:47:32 AM
He could've had a shot at the presidency, so why settle for VP?

Realistically he didn't.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.