Obama to fire gay military officer. Martinus pops vein.

Started by MadImmortalMan, May 08, 2009, 02:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on May 08, 2009, 04:10:16 PM
Valmy, are you upset that the Army lost an Arab linguist?  Just wondering :P

Oh was he an Arab linguist?  Well that makes it twice as bad.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Faeelin

Quote from: DGuller on May 08, 2009, 03:10:37 PM
Mind-blowing.

Actually outraged or not?

Anyway, this isn't the first. Some girl in the air force who wrote a letter to Obama asking if he would repeal DADT, and his response yes, also got kicked out.

Phillip V

Quote from: grumbler on May 08, 2009, 04:44:11 PM
How many years have you served, again?

This is about the dumbest thing I have heard on languish, and I have been here a long time.

Oh, and the answer for me is 26 years.
Thanks for calling me dumb. Now educate me.

DGuller

Quote from: Faeelin on May 08, 2009, 05:16:14 PM
Quote from: DGuller on May 08, 2009, 03:10:37 PM
Mind-blowing.

Actually outraged or not?

Anyway, this isn't the first. Some girl in the air force who wrote a letter to Obama asking if he would repeal DADT, and his response yes, also got kicked out.
Outraged.  To think that in 2009 a government entity can fire someone for their sexual orientation is bind-blowing.  So is the fact that this policy actually has serious support among population and politicians.

Phillip V

Quote from: DGuller on May 08, 2009, 05:27:08 PM
Outraged.  To think that in 2009 a government entity can fire someone for their sexual orientation is bind-blowing.  So is the fact that this policy actually has serious support among population and politicians.
Don't worry. Attitudes are changing rapidly.

FunkMonk

That an openly gay person can be the commander-in-chief of the United States Armed Forces yet can't legally serve in it is beyond me.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Phillip V

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 08, 2009, 05:32:26 PM
That an openly gay person can be the commander-in-chief of the United States Armed Forces yet can't legally serve in it is beyond me.
I am highly confident that if a gay person gets elected President, then the military will be open to gays.

Faeelin

Quote from: DGuller on May 08, 2009, 05:27:08 PM

If it makes you feel better, Obama has the power to forbid nondiscrimination amongst federal employees (not including the military) by an executive order but has shown no inclination to do so.  :)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 08, 2009, 05:32:26 PM

Ah, the military person who thinks he knows better than the civilian government. What could possibly go wrong?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Martinus

The Brain