News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Preach Sermon in France.Poitiers converted and suffers unrest.

Bleh!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

I'll send a file out with Garbon's play.

Off to Tamas.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Is it too soon to ask who's winning again?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Yes.  Best to wait until the interim of each turn, at least.  You'll know because we'll start diplomacy then.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

rgr that, and i am genuinely following game and have been reading rules in case you guys like it and try another go :)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

#44: 5 / Sack! [RESPONSE]

Message from Ottoman:
1/5: assault Tunis
5/5: patronize artist

assault is successful at the cost of 1 regular

BTW: this fucking card.
At the start of the game my plan was to quickly pirate the Spanish then spend my turn with a defensive buildup, and patronage of arts and science. Then I drew this card, which gives you a shot at capturing two adjacent forts with one successful assault... I could only see one thing.. Naples and Rome!
Little did I care at the time that I can only haul 5 units at sea, or that the Ionian and Tyrrhenia seas are not adjacent :P

Solmyr

Yeah, following this game too, it looks a lot of fun (I liked our Napoleonic Wars games too). Hope we can have another game after.

Habbaku

I have a strong suspicion that Ulmont will be passing his next impulse.  It's possible but unlikely that my play will change if he plays.

QuoteFrance: Play Card as Operations
#52: 2 / Foxe's Book of Martyrs

Message from France:
For CPs :

1-2/2 - Raise a galley in Marseille.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Play Card as Operations

#43: 1 / Experienced Pilot [RESPONSE]

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
As France is passing this turn:

1CP
-1/1 Buy 1CP Influence in Venice.

At work, so no file can be sent. Off to the Protestants.

Drakken

So Berkut, want to discuss over the "Venitian question"?

I don't like the idea of having tercios in Venice, stationed so close to the Reich's underbelly. So I'd like to know what your aims are with Venice.

ulmont

Yep, passing out the turn barring something extraordinary, which I don't expect.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Playing home card (Calvinist Zeal)for3 CPrebellion in LaRochelle and 4 CP rebellion in Antwerp.

Protestants take control of La Rochelle, Nantes and Poitiers. Huguenot capital added to La Rochelle with one regular. Coligny does not enter play.

Rebellion in Antwerp successful. Dutch capital added in Antwerp with two regulars. 's-Hertogenbosch, Flushing and Ghent to Protestant control as well.

Protestants now at war with Spain and France.

Still not at home so not sure what to change on VP.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Will adjust VPs and such when I get home if it isn't done already.

Tamas up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

#63: 3 / Nostradamus' Prophecies

Message from Ottoman:
1/3: entire Ottoman fleet plus leader moves to Ionian Sea from N. Arican Coast.
I assume Spain won't intercept
2/3: entire fleet plus leader to Coron
3/3: 1 influence on Venice