Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on March 15, 2012, 07:46:43 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 15, 2012, 04:49:41 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 15, 2012, 10:29:32 AM
lol, watching Obama's energy policy speech at PG Community College.  Just totally zinged Rutherford B. Hayes.  RUTHERFORD B. PWN3D.

wtf. Insulting Ohio's finest. He lost my vote.
Weren't Ohio's finest the National Guardsmen at Kent State?

Correct. I forgot about them.  :blush:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 15, 2012, 07:14:47 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 15, 2012, 06:16:20 PM
and isn't some "reproductive justice" activist like Ms. Fluke, who has the gall to expect a Jesuit university to subsidize her rutting.

:lol: It's been a month, and you still haven't read the testimony.  :lol:

I watched it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2012, 07:20:12 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 14, 2012, 07:18:56 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2012, 07:17:40 PM
Today's Mittism is:

"Planned Parenthood — we're going to get rid of that."

Only unplanned parenthood is appropriate.  :P

They just don't get it this year, do they?  I love it.  Keep this up, and Obama wins by 15%.

One-party state by 2020, man.  And with the Randroids finally shouted down on the topic of monetary policy, Yi's gonna owe me a billion dollars.  I'll pay off my student loans, and buy a Reese's two-pack.  It'll be a fine Goddamned day.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on March 15, 2012, 08:17:03 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 15, 2012, 08:13:49 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 15, 2012, 07:36:30 PM
I wish Harold Ford Jr. would stop grazing at the MSNBC feed lot and reenter politics.

Yeah, I don't know what's up with that, other than the free coffee.

Don't have to beg for money, people pay you lots of cash to sit around and bullshit.  Sounds like good work.

No shit. No premature aging there.
and the horse you rode in on

Ideologue

A lady I work with thought I was 18 the other day; and one of the 18 year old girls guessed my age as 24. :)

I swear, I should write a diet book.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on March 16, 2012, 12:29:07 AM
A lady I work with thought I was 18 the other day; and one of the 18 year old girls guessed my age as 24. :)

I swear, I should write a diet book.

So your outside doesn't age while your inside ages twice as fast as normal.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on March 15, 2012, 10:39:11 PM
One-party state by 2020, man.  And with the Randroids finally shouted down on the topic of monetary policy, Yi's gonna owe me a billion dollars.  I'll pay off my student loans, and buy a Reese's two-pack.  It'll be a fine Goddamned day.

If inflation gets to the point where our bet is worth a billion dollars, you'll be able to pay off your student loans with sofa change.

Ideologue

:P

While I was peeling potatoes today, I had to listen to one of my coworkers wax at length about how the U.S. government went bankrupt in 1933 (factually untrue), did away with the gold standard permanently in 1933 (factually untrue, it was in 1971), illegalized the private ownership of gold and silver (factually untrue, based on a misinterpretation of some similar if less ridiculous facts, but in any event we're well down the yellow brick road to crazy town), it had something to do with the Freemasons (unverifiable, but I'm gonna say factually untrue, also this man has a knife made of a far more valuable metal, steel), that money isn't real (it has no intrinsic value, but that is true about everything), but that gold and silver are the only "real money" (have value for the same reason fiat currency does), and he kept referring to a contract he appears to be disputing as a "bill of exchange" (a term I have never heard before).

I didn't know they built Paulites in black.
Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Nah, this guy wasn't wearing greasepaint.
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

QuoteWhy do young black men find Ron Paul's message attractive?

Kinemalogue

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ideologue on March 16, 2012, 12:29:07 AM
A woman in the supermarket asked me for ID to buy booze last night.  Then she looked up and said 'Oh God, I'm so sorry' :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

I got carded at Midway last week when I tried to buy a beer.  I actually laughed at the serving wench. :D
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

HisMajestyBOB

Most of my students guess my age as in the 20s somewhere, though usually a bit higher than it is.
But recently another class guess mid-thirties. :(
When I told them I'm 26, they protested, saying I couldn't be so young and also be balding.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help