News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: katmai on March 15, 2012, 05:42:49 PM
How would you know anything about anal sex?

If I knew about it, I wouldn't be asking that question.

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on March 15, 2012, 11:36:30 AM
Quote from: derspiess on March 15, 2012, 10:20:43 AM:rolleyes:

My mom, wife, and 11-month old daughter would be surprised to hear that I hate women.

It's very kind of you to make exceptions for your immediate family :hug:

Those are the women in my life :mellow:

But I doubt *anyone* who knows me would think I hate women.

QuoteBy the way, are you going to call them whore-pills when your daughter starts using them?

That's an inside joke between me, my wife & Languish.  But to answer your question, I'd probably look Tue other way as long as she's 18 and isn't some "reproductive justice" activist like Ms. Fluke, who has the gall to expect a Jesuit university to subsidize her rutting.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

Did anyone make a good decision to drop out of the race? Should anyone drop out in the future?

Until just before Iowa, Santorum was the only candidate without a moment in the sun. Then he crashes back to earth only to rise again as Newt melted down. Neither he nor Gingrich has money, sans a billionaire dropping multi million dollar contributions into Gingrich's super pac every few weeks, but they both have a decent shot of taking this to a floor fight in the convention (where they will lose since they are awful candidates). Why not stick it out and hope you land yourself a billionaire sugar daddy like Gingrich?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on March 15, 2012, 06:51:57 PM
Did anyone make a good decision to drop out of the race?

Cain, Perry, Bachman. Only "bad" decision really was Pawlenty, assuming he dropped out for viability and not personal reasons.

Gingrich should drop out if he'd prefer Santorum to Romney. Otherwise ride it out.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 15, 2012, 06:16:20 PM
and isn't some "reproductive justice" activist like Ms. Fluke, who has the gall to expect a Jesuit university to subsidize her rutting.

:lol: It's been a month, and you still haven't read the testimony.  :lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on March 15, 2012, 05:44:01 PM
Arizona is really trying hard to be the most despicable state in the US. And that's not easy, considering it has to compete with Texas.

Quote"I believe we live in America," said Majority Whip Debbie Lesko (R-Glendale), who sponsored the bill. "We don't live in the Soviet Union. So, government should not be telling the organizations or mom-and-pop employers to do something against their moral beliefs."

lol, I think they said that in 1964, too.

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 15, 2012, 07:05:57 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on March 15, 2012, 06:51:57 PM
Did anyone make a good decision to drop out of the race?

Cain, Perry, Bachman. Only "bad" decision really was Pawlenty, assuming he dropped out for viability and not personal reasons.

Gingrich should drop out if he'd prefer Santorum to Romney. Otherwise ride it out.

Cain was a joke.

I think Perry may have made a bad decision. He had a good resume, his problem was he came across as a moron. If he ran a stripped down campaign for a month where he intelligently put sentences together, I think he could have emerged as the anti romney after Gingrich melted down. We shouldn't forget how awful of a candidate Santorum is. I don't think that he would have been the guy to win, but why not spend a couple more months to find out for sure?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

All the heavy-hitters for the GOP--the few of them there are--are all sitting out for '16.  By then, maybe the GOP's psycho wing should peter out, and then the moderates and Jeb Bush can come out of hiding.

Then again, there will be some Democrat heavy hitters for '16 as well.  Particularly Hillary Clinton.  You never know about Russ Feingold, and I know for a fact Martin O'Malley is just chomping at the bit.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on March 15, 2012, 07:26:50 PM
. If he ran a stripped down campaign for a month where he intelligently put sentences together,

You assume this was possible. The months he spent campaigning suggest otherwise.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

I wish Harold Ford Jr. would stop grazing at the MSNBC feed lot and reenter politics.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

I think there is a rule in politics that, once you go journalist, you can never get back in.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 15, 2012, 07:33:54 PM
All the heavy-hitters for the GOP--the few of them there are--are all sitting out for '16.  By then, maybe the GOP's psycho wing should peter out, and then the moderates and Jeb Bush can come out of hiding.

Then again, there will be some Democrat heavy hitters for '16 as well.  Particularly Hillary Clinton.  You never know about Russ Feingold, and I know for a fact Martin O'Malley is just chomping at the bit.

I think Christie is probably as heavy as they come. 

For the Dems, I like to Cuomo.  I don't know if Hillary will try for it.  She'd be good, though.  Woman has balls of steel.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 15, 2012, 04:49:41 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 15, 2012, 10:29:32 AM
lol, watching Obama's energy policy speech at PG Community College.  Just totally zinged Rutherford B. Hayes.  RUTHERFORD B. PWN3D.

wtf. Insulting Ohio's finest. He lost my vote.
Weren't Ohio's finest the National Guardsmen at Kent State?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 15, 2012, 07:36:30 PM
I wish Harold Ford Jr. would stop grazing at the MSNBC feed lot and reenter politics.

Yeah, I don't know what's up with that, other than the free coffee.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 15, 2012, 08:13:49 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 15, 2012, 07:36:30 PM

Yeah, I don't know what's up with that, other than the free coffee.

Don't have to beg for money, people pay you lots of cash to sit around and bullshit.  Sounds like good work.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017