GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Quote from: katmai on March 17, 2012, 09:02:34 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 16, 2012, 11:14:11 PM
Quote from: katmai on March 16, 2012, 10:35:50 PM
Jesus PV, not at all comparable.

Obama you know actually has "white" lineage.
Romney has a dad born in Chiuahahua to two parents from Utah and was back in USA before he turned six.

Sure he has bunch of cousins living over there in Mormon insulated enclaves, but Mitt sure as shit knows he has nothing to stand on in regards to claiming to be Mexican.

So if Hitler had escaped to Argentina, his children cannot claim to be latino?  :(

If Hitler and Eva had made it to Argentina, had a kid who at age five moved back to Germany or Austria, who then had a son born there to a German mother, no It would be safe to say he couldn't go around claiming to be Latino.

:P

Hitler and Eva lived in Argentina for 28 years, and then moved back to Germany with their 5-year-old son (plus six other children, oldest being age 15) as refugees from revolution. That son, who German classmates mocked as "Spic", then had a son born to a German mother. Many relatives were left behind that still live in Argentina with several generations stretching over two centuries. So yes, the grandson can go around claiming Latino roots.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Phillip V on March 17, 2012, 10:47:08 AM
Hitler and Eva lived in Argentina for 28 years, and then moved back to Germany with their 5-year-old son (plus six other children, oldest being age 15) as refugees from revolution. That son, who German classmates mocked as "Spic", then had a son born to a German mother. Many relatives were left behind that still live in Argentina with several generations stretching over two centuries. So yes, the grandson can go around claiming Latino roots.

:tinfoil:

I think they died in the bunker.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 17, 2012, 11:11:22 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on March 17, 2012, 10:47:08 AM

:tinfoil:

I think they died in the bunker.

:lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

I saw a documentary once about how they saved Hitler's brain. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 17, 2012, 05:37:17 AM
One thing I don't get with the Romney-Chihuahua connection is why it was never an issue whether George Romney was a natural born citizen.  I know McCain was born in Panama but that was on a military base, I think, and his father was serving at the time - which seems a fair excuse.  But that's also different from Romney, but so far as I know, despite running against Nixon, no-one made an issue of it.

Don't know.  Wasn't born yet.  Possibly cause Romney wasn't black.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Caliga on March 18, 2012, 08:02:06 AM

Did it have any kids?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on March 18, 2012, 09:06:55 AM
Quote from: Caliga on March 18, 2012, 08:02:06 AM

Did it have any kids?

Were they Latino?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Phillip V

Romney wins Puerto Rico's GOP primary in landslide victory

Not surprising that Puerto Ricans heavily voted for the only Hispanic Republican candidate in the race. As of current counting, Romney won 83% of the vote compared to 8% for Santorum. The victory in Puerto Rico takes us one step closer to the powerful emergence of Mexican Romney.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/18/politics/pr-primary/?hpt=hp_t3

sbr

I thought he was half-Latino?

Phillip V

Romney seems to be gaining momentum in Illinois, starting the week with a double-digit lead in polls.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/il/illinois_republican_presidential_primary-1593.html

The Larch

Quote from: Phillip V on March 19, 2012, 12:54:13 AM

Not surprising that Puerto Ricans heavily voted for the only Hispanic Republican candidate in the race. As of current counting, Romney won 83% of the vote compared to 8% for Santorum. The victory in Puerto Rico takes us one step closer to the powerful emergence of Mexican Romney.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/18/politics/pr-primary/?hpt=hp_t3

Santorum also said that all Puerto Ricans should learn English.  :lol:

fhdz

Quote from: Phillip V on March 19, 2012, 12:54:13 AM

Not surprising that Puerto Ricans heavily voted for the only Hispanic Republican candidate in the race.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They voted AGAINST Santorum, not FOR Romney.
and the horse you rode in on

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Larch on March 19, 2012, 02:32:22 PM

All Spaniards should as well.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

derspiess

Quote from: The Larch on March 19, 2012, 02:32:22 PM

To be fair, it probably wouldn't hurt if they did.  Ditto for them learning Spanish :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall