News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Topeka Decriminalizes Domestic Violence

Started by jimmy olsen, October 08, 2011, 08:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Garbon knew enough to pass by where I live at 80 mph, that shows driving sense.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on October 08, 2011, 05:41:10 PM
I don't think with the amount of driving that I've done - that I could fairly be said to not know how to pump gas. ;)
Fairly?  No.  Since when was being fair a requirement here, though?  :huh:

garbon

Quote from: PDH on October 08, 2011, 05:43:21 PM
Garbon knew enough to pass by where I live at 80 mph, that shows driving sense.

:P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on October 08, 2011, 05:44:41 PM
I don't think with the amount of driving that I've done - that I could fairly be said to not know how to pump gas. ;)
Fairly?  No.  Since when was being fair a requirement here?  :huh:

Apparently, next time, I should just join to the circle to laugh at your inability to pump gas. My momentary kindness was a sign of weakness. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 08, 2011, 05:41:08 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 08, 2011, 05:38:16 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 08, 2011, 05:37:12 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 08, 2011, 05:34:54 PM
This staggering lack of basic, First World aptitude on the part of DG and garbon has cheered me up immensely.

Me? :huh:

You couldn't figure out how to open a gas cap.  (And I didn't want to single out Gull.) :hug:

Also, fahdiz might not be around, but fuck that guy and his filthy full-service state.  Might as well employ people to dig holes in the ground and another group to fill them back up again.
You're a marxist, don't you love programs like that?

I don't know.  What part of that sentence led you to believe I love programs like that?

Quote from: garbonI was being generous. The Nissan didn't have an internal mechanism to let the door open and while the door was supposedly touch sensitive - it was stuck. I spent a good 10 minutes pounding on the thing to finally get it to randomly spring open.

Ah.  If I understand what you mean, that sounds like a really bad design decision.

On my car, it has a trigger on the driver's door that you have to jam with an object unless you want to make pumping gas a two-person job.  That's also poor design, although less so.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on October 08, 2011, 05:42:42 PM
I've had AAA put my baby tire on before. If I'm paying for a service, why would I want to get dirty (and more importantly in my opinion) run the risk of getting hit by a passerby on the side of the road? :huh:

So you don't have to sit in your car looking like a tool for 45 minutes?

On the other hand, you're already out of the closet so the incentive structure was different for you than it is for Guller.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on October 08, 2011, 05:45:44 PM
Quote from: DGuller on October 08, 2011, 05:44:41 PM
Fairly?  No.  Since when was being fair a requirement here?  :huh:

Apparently, next time, I should just join to the circle to laugh at your inability to pump gas. My momentary kindness was a sign of weakness. -_-

I'm glad I could be of service.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on October 08, 2011, 05:46:18 PM
Ah.  If I understand what you mean, that sounds like a really bad design decision.

Precisely. Teach me to rent an economy car. :x

DGuller

:hug:

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 08, 2011, 05:46:32 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 08, 2011, 05:42:42 PM
I've had AAA put my baby tire on before. If I'm paying for a service, why would I want to get dirty (and more importantly in my opinion) run the risk of getting hit by a passerby on the side of the road? :huh:

On the other hand, you're already out of the closet so the incentive structure was different for you than it is for Guller.
Harsh toke, man.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 08, 2011, 05:46:32 PM

It's only happened to me twice. Once, when I was at home in SF (went down to car and one tire was completely flat). I called them up and waited till they showed up - which was like 10-15 minutes (for some reason they were always quick in that city). Other time was driving into Chicago and during traffic someone pointed out my tire was flat. Was too late in the day to get someone to take a look, so I pulled off at a gas station - pumped it full of air, so I could get to my destination and then had AAA take it to a shop the next day.

That said if it was on a highway, I'd probably still call them up as I'd prefer to look like a pussy to unknown passerbys and internet folk than end up injured by someone crashing into me.  I put it in the same vein as I could change my own oil, but why would I?

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on October 08, 2011, 05:49:28 PM
Apparently, next time, I should just join to in the circle to and laugh at your inability to pump gas. My momentary kindness was a sign of weakness. -_-
:hug:

Small fixes :blush:

DGuller

I think it's a lunacy to change your tire by the side of the highway, unless you have a cop car with flashing lights behind you guarding you or something.  It's actually a pretty common way you get killed on a highway.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 08, 2011, 05:19:20 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 08, 2011, 05:00:05 PM
It is to anyone who has had sex with a woman.  You stick it in and pump.

No you don't.  You ask yourself which side the gas cap is on and drive that side up to the pump.  Then you select a payment method.  Then you select a grade.  Then you open the gas cap.  Then you stick it in and squeeze the trigger.  Then you wait for the shutoff to click or the screen to hit the amount you want to pay.  Then you replace the nozzle on the holster.

Yeah, like a woman.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on October 08, 2011, 05:36:39 PM
Quote from: DGuller on October 08, 2011, 05:32:57 PM
:hmm:  Good to know, thanks.  So, in any other state, is the trigger automatically sticking, or does it have some thingy to stick it?

No, there's always something you have to do. At some gas stations, there is a latch that you have to move, at others there is a little groove that you need align part of the trigger with, and then I remember seeing one other type once but I can't remember what it was.

There's also the type with no way to lock the pump on other than to put your gas cap to hold the trigger.