News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Topeka Decriminalizes Domestic Violence

Started by jimmy olsen, October 08, 2011, 08:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on October 08, 2011, 04:25:33 PM
How can you not know how to pump gas?  I always thought that Dorsey was a smart guy who sometimes took silly positions, but I guess he's actually a completely useless imbecile.

I'm guessing because he comes from a country that had more tanks then cars.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on October 08, 2011, 04:01:03 PM
Oregon is the only state I will move to if I will leave New Jersey for some reason in the future (unless I learn to pump gas by then, in which case any other state would do).

There's a service station about half a mile from where I live where they'll pump gas for you.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Neil on October 08, 2011, 04:25:33 PM
How can you not know how to pump gas?  I always thought that Dorsey was a smart guy who sometimes took silly positions, but I guess he's actually a completely useless imbecile.

We learn when we roadtrip to other states.  My Mom had a fun run-in with an Egyptian at the Unocal 76 station in Placentia 20 years ago - asking HOW to use the pump somehow translated into "full service".   :lol:
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 08, 2011, 04:30:33 PM
Quote from: DGuller on October 08, 2011, 04:01:03 PM
Oregon is the only state I will move to if I will leave New Jersey for some reason in the future (unless I learn to pump gas by then, in which case any other state would do).

There's a service station about half a mile from where I live where they'll pump gas for you.

It's ALL fullservice - there is no option in Oregon.  Sorry for the confusion.  We CANNOT pump our own gas. 
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Eddie Teach

Quote from: AnchorClanker on October 08, 2011, 04:31:59 PM
It's ALL fullservice - there is no option in Oregon.  Sorry for the confusion.  We CANNOT pump our own gas.

Well if Guller just drives around town he can frequent the same gas station and not worry about it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

<Cal> But, how do you eat at a full service station.  Do they just funnel food into your mouth while you sit in your car? <Cal>
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

The first time I pumped gas (I was 16 I think) I had no idea what to do so I asked the attendent/cashier dude to show me how.  If your dad doesn't show you how you have to learn a different way.  The sequence of events is not 100% intuitive.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 08, 2011, 04:44:15 PM
The first time I pumped gas (I was 16 I think) I had no idea what to do so I asked the attendent/cashier dude to show me how.  If your dad doesn't show you how you have to learn a different way.  The sequence of events is not 100% intuitive.
:yes: Again, it's one of those things that you can figure out if you have to, eventually, but if you haven't had any chance to practice, you're going to muck around for a bit.

Razgovory

The sequence of events is not 100% intuitive.

It is to anyone who has had sex with a woman.  You stick it in and pump.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on October 08, 2011, 05:00:05 PM

No you don't.  You ask yourself which side the gas cap is on and drive that side up to the pump.  Then you select a payment method.  Then you select a grade.  Then you open the gas cap.  Then you stick it in and squeeze the trigger.  Then you wait for the shutoff to click or the screen to hit the amount you want to pay.  Then you replace the nozzle on the holster.

garbon

The sequence of events is not 100% intuitive.

I don't know - unless your woman is a prostitute, I don't think most people have to insert their credit/debit card and push a selection of buttons before sex.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 08, 2011, 05:19:20 PM
No you don't.  You ask yourself which side the gas cap is on and drive that side up to the pump.

Depends on the gas station. I've seen a lot now where it doesn't matter as the hose is long enough. Anyway, couldn't that be the same as deciding the point of entry? :hmm:

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 08, 2011, 05:19:20 PMThen you select a payment method.  Then you select a grade.

The machine has written instructions on this, so not difficult - but yeah like I said, not like having sex.

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 08, 2011, 05:19:20 PMThen you open the gas cap. Then you stick it in and squeeze the trigger.  Then you wait for the shutoff to click or the screen to hit the amount you want to pay.  Then you replace the nozzle on the holster.

Could be analogous to removing clothing and the actual act? :D  Anyway, I think this last bit is where the difficulty comes in, you need to know how to open the door that hides the gas cap (I rented this Nissan once with the worst manual mechanism - took me a while before I could get it open :angry) and then actually trigger squeezing. You do it improperly and no gas comes out.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

No you don't.  You ask yourself which side the gas cap is on and drive that side up to the pump.  Then you select a payment method.  Then you select a grade.  Then you open the gas cap.  Then you stick it in and squeeze the trigger.  Then you wait for the shutoff to click or the screen to hit the amount you want to pay.  Then you replace the nozzle on the holster.
All those parts I eventually figured out when I had to fill up once in New York.  The one part I didn't figure out was how to keep the trigger stuck, so as soon as I released it, it stopped flowing.  By that point I already got a gallon of gas in, which was enough to make it to New Jersey.

dps

Quote from: garbon on October 08, 2011, 05:23:56 PM
No you don't.  You ask yourself which side the gas cap is on and drive that side up to the pump.

Depends on the gas station. I've seen a lot now where it doesn't matter as the hose is long enough. Anyway, couldn't that be the same as deciding the point of entry? :hmm:

And if the hoses aren't long enough, you kind of have to drive the correct side up to the pump even if it's full service.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on October 08, 2011, 05:25:39 PM
All those parts I eventually figured out when I had to fill up once in New York.  The one part I didn't figure out was how to keep the trigger stuck, so as soon as I released it, it stopped flowing.  By that point I already got a gallon of gas in, which was enough to make it to New Jersey.

That's because you can't. Both Massachusetts and New York made it illegal to keep those lock mechanisms in place. You have to hold the trigger the whole time.