News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

On a related note, fucking lawn boy quit.  His 'back hurts' too much to mow my damn lawn this year.  Guess he'll be a future disability leech I'll have to pay for. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking I'm going to have to break down and clean out enough space in my garage to buy a lawn tractor.  Fucking lazy hicks. :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Lawns suck.  Get rid of it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Liep on March 27, 2013, 09:53:38 AM
Last year's marts had a mean temperature of 5.7 degrees, this one is -1.0 so far, which is the largest difference since records began in 1874.

They're projecting an unusually cold april and may too. :weep:

Yeah, I think that's going to be a given here as well, the difference in monthly average temperatures is likely to be more that 5.5C lower than last year. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on March 27, 2013, 09:55:24 AM
On a related note, fucking lawn boy quit.  His 'back hurts' too much to mow my damn lawn this year.  Guess he'll be a future disability leech I'll have to pay for. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking I'm going to have to break down and clean out enough space in my garage to buy a lawn tractor.  Fucking lazy hicks. :mad:

How big is your lawn ? You are going to need to shrink it down, let the forest take over it a little.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Property is about 3 acres, and I would guess 1 1/2 of that is lawn with the rest being house and woods/creek.... and I have gradually been adding trees, yep.

Caliga

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on March 27, 2013, 03:49:24 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 27, 2013, 10:19:37 AM
Lawns suck.  Get rid of it.
:hmm:

He's in Texas.  Lawns do suck there, unless you drain all the aquifers to keep it watered.

Eddie Teach

Plants are good, turn co2 into oxygen.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

KRonn

Cal, I sometimes get annoyed at mowing my small lawn, never mind your micro-estate. I had a landscaper doing before it but started doing my own yard work last year. I'd rather do my own.
I bought a battery powered Black and Decker lawn mower, and I love it. No gas, oil, air/gas/oil filters. No smoke and hot exhaust stench on my clothes. A lot quieter. I was skeptical about battery powered but definitely didn't want to go gas mower. Also bought a leaf blower which also sucks up the leaves; that's very handy. Battery will have to be replaced after 5-7 years and is about a hundred bucks, so I figure the overall maintenance costs are about equal, maybe a bit cheaper for the battery powered.

mongers

The heady mid to upper 40s today. :gasp:

Caliga

Quote from: KRonn on March 28, 2013, 07:44:46 AM
Cal, I sometimes get annoyed at mowing my small lawn, never mind your micro-estate. I had a landscaper doing before it but started doing my own yard work last year. I'd rather do my own.
I bought a battery powered Black and Decker lawn mower, and I love it. No gas, oil, air/gas/oil filters. No smoke and hot exhaust stench on my clothes. A lot quieter. I was skeptical about battery powered but definitely didn't want to go gas mower. Also bought a leaf blower which also sucks up the leaves; that's very handy. Battery will have to be replaced after 5-7 years and is about a hundred bucks, so I figure the overall maintenance costs are about equal, maybe a bit cheaper for the battery powered.
Trust me, I'd rather mow my own lawn.  I mean, it's not that I love mowing lawns, but it'd be so much easier than dealing with yet another lazy yokel.  What sucks is the last lawn boy actually did a really good job AND he lived right across the street, so I knew where to find him if we needed the lawn mowed.

Grey Fox

Can't you get some of your HR stooges to do it?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 28, 2013, 08:45:13 AM
Can't you get some of your HR stooges to do it?

HR and anything "practical", I don't thing those ever occur in the same sentence.

Ed Anger

I enjoy mowing my own lawn. It gets me away from everybody and I can ride it naked down the street.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 28, 2013, 08:48:32 AM
I enjoy mowing my own lawn. It gets me away from everybody and I can ride it naked down the street.

Haven't you already made enough of a spectacle of yourself ?

:P