And we're back!

Main Menu

The Cat Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 02, 2011, 06:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on May 12, 2013, 05:12:06 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 12, 2013, 05:01:41 AM
My cats get unhappy hungry if I leave for very long.

fyp

Nope they have plenty of food.  They just bitch at me if I'm gone for very long.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: 11B4V on May 12, 2013, 05:29:17 PM
That's because cats fuck up venetian blinds. Dogs are cool.

Curtains are better anyway.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on May 12, 2013, 05:34:59 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 12, 2013, 07:04:39 AM
Quote from: Liep on May 12, 2013, 05:03:27 AM
How can you tell if a cat is unhappy? Not being a cat person I would say they always look grumpy.

The tail is the best indicator.
I say scratch marks :P

The tail's the early warning system.  The mushroom cloud usually means it's too late.  :P

sbr

So last night I had the TV on for some background noise, and some Great Grizzly Bear Stakeout show came on Discovery.  At one point the huge Alpha Male Grizzly was wandering around, grunting and growling to make all of the other bears aware that he was around and ready for some lovin'.  My 19 year old female cat was sitting at attention about 18 inches from the TV, rigidly straight posture and just staring (and listening) at the TV for at least 2 minutes, if not more.  I have never seen her watch, or even look at the TV before.

I guess she wanted her some grizzly loving.

crazy canuck

Quote from: sbr on May 13, 2013, 03:19:54 PM
So last night I had the TV on for some background noise, and some Great Grizzly Bear Stakeout show came on Discovery.  At one point the huge Alpha Male Grizzly was wandering around, grunting and growling to make all of the other bears aware that he was around and ready for some lovin'.  My 19 year old female cat was sitting at attention about 18 inches from the TV, rigidly straight posture and just staring (and listening) at the TV for at least 2 minutes, if not more.  I have never seen her watch, or even look at the TV before.

I guess she wanted her some grizzly loving.

Some evidence that dogs are smarter than cats - our dog doesnt react to animals on TV.

Although, I admit, he does run to the front door when he hears a door bell on the TV.

sbr

:lol:  How is that better?  At least the cat knew the sounds were coming from the TV.

Maximus

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 13, 2013, 03:23:57 PM
Some evidence that dogs are smarter than cats - our dog doesnt react to animals on TV.
Does that mean that dogs are smarter than humans too?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Maximus on May 13, 2013, 04:44:41 PM

A case could be made for that subset of humans who have cats as pets I suppose.

CountDeMoney

I had my first day on the clinical side of the shelter in surgical support today.  With all the Metzenbaum scissors and Kelly clamps, it was like every kitchen junk drawer of my youth coming back to me.

And the little tiny oxygen masks, and the little tiny defib paddles, it was all so cute. :wub:

All the cats coming out of the anesthesia were completely hilarious.  All stoned out of their gourds, wrapped up like little kitty post-op enchiladas.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Maximus

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 13, 2013, 05:57:47 PM

A case could be made for that subset of humans who have cats as pets I suppose.
What about humans that react to animals on TV?

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 13, 2013, 06:08:09 PM
I had my first day on the clinical side of the shelter in surgical support today.  With all the Metzenbaum scissors and Kelly clamps, it was like every kitchen junk drawer of my youth coming back to me.

And the little tiny oxygen masks, and the little tiny defib paddles, it was all so cute. :wub:

All the cats coming out of the anesthesia were completely hilarious.  All stoned out of their gourds, wrapped up like little kitty post-op enchiladas.

:cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Smarter than dog-loving humans who enjoy trolling cat threads.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on May 13, 2013, 06:12:52 PM
:cool:

In elementary school, when we had to get our own art supplies, I was the Bad Mother Fucker with trauma scissors.

MadBurgerMaker