And we're back!

Main Menu

The Cat Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 02, 2011, 06:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Scipio

You did the right thing.  It is a difficult situation to handle well.  So sorry.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Cecil

Sorry sbr I know the feeling.  :cry:

Anyho I´m in the preplanning phase of getting a new furry little friend here at home, or maybe two this time.  :)

I´m thinking the catshelter nearby I donate yearly to might be interested.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Cecil on March 03, 2013, 02:50:35 PM
Anyho I´m in the preplanning phase of getting a new furry little friend here at home, or maybe two this time.  :)

A lot of shelters have bonded pairs available;  because they're a package deal, they're sometimes the longest shelter residents.

Cecil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 03, 2013, 03:22:24 PM

A lot of shelters have bonded pairs available;  because they're a package deal, they're sometimes the longest shelter residents.

Also I have long work days. I always felt a bit guilty leaving my old cat without compny for so long. He took it well but I think a friend to play around with would help some with that.

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 03, 2013, 03:22:24 PM
Quote from: Cecil on March 03, 2013, 02:50:35 PM

And reduces the worry that you might get two separate cats that turn out hating each other.

Granted, we had two female cats growing up, that we had gotten as kittens, that started out sleeping with each other all the time and were all friendly and such...and then suddenly several years later, they despised each other.

Women.  :rolleyes:

DontSayBanana

*sighs* S lost one of her cats to cancer and hyperthyroidism last week.  She's been taking it rough- for the next couple days, she was still opening doors for the cat.

We'd been together 9 years; Sugar was the last pet remaining who was there when S and I first got together. :(
Experience bij!

Barrister

I recognize this is the cat megathread, but we're worried about our dog Roscoe.  Last few days he has had zero energy, is hardly eating anything.

He's a big dog and at 9, almost 10, doesn't have too many years left, but surely it's not that time yet. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

I'm getting really close to bringing one of the cats home.  They all have their hearbreaking stories, but some have more than others, and she's been pulling at my strings.

She's also front declawed, so the arms race between her and GangstaKitty would be even.  Sit around and box each other harmlessly like idiots.

I dunno.

Tonitrus

I really want to get a couple of cats, but I know with me moving around frequently, it wouldn't be good for either/all of us. :(

Admiral Yi

Belated condolences sbr.

sbr

Thanks to everyone else who chimed in since i was here last. :)

So one of my remaining cats is at least 17 years old (though I think she is closer to 19-20), only has 3 legs because I had one amputated because of a tumor ~6 years ago, and can't weight more than 5 pounds.  She is an incredibly ornery bitch though.

The weather has been nice here, so I let her out onto the deck while I was playing some GW2.  All of a sudden I heard a major commotion, so I look outside and I see this tiny, three-legged, old woman cat chasing a raccoon at least twice her size off of the deck.  I have never seen a raccoon around here that wasn't travelling with at least one friend, if not more.

She really wants to get back out there and re-secure the perimeter, but I am making her stay inside for the night.

mongers

Quote from: sbr on March 15, 2013, 01:18:49 AM
Thanks to everyone else who chimed in since i was here last. :)

So one of my remaining cats is at least 17 years old (though I think she is closer to 19-20), only has 3 legs because I had one amputated because of a tumor ~6 years ago, and can't weight more than 5 pounds.  She is an incredibly ornery bitch though.

The weather has been nice here, so I let her out onto the deck while I was playing some GW2.  All of a sudden I heard a major commotion, so I look outside and I see this tiny, three-legged, old woman cat chasing a raccoon at least twice her size off of the deck.  I have never seen a raccoon around here that wasn't travelling with at least one friend, if not more.

She really wants to get back out there and re-secure the perimeter, but I am making her stay inside for the night.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, old cantankerous cats have a certain lovable character about them.  :cool:

My last cat who was over 20 years, again no one knew, she being feral, lived most of the year outside and had a well defined territory of several other gardens and woe-betide anything that thought otherwise.  :) 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"