News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Cat Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 02, 2011, 06:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Tomorrow is GangstaKitty's roughly estimated birthday.  Almost 12 years ago, found behind one of old Uplands Apartments in Edmondson Village during morning warrants, when I was covering the back door.  Blinded with conjunctivitis and wheezing with a respiratory infection, a nasty open wound on her chest I would have to clean every 4 hours with a saline/iodine flush for the next several days, six broken ribs, sitting near a small plate of cat food that somebody left out for her and the other strays, meowing miserably.  Scooped her little gray ass up, and took her straight to the vets.  She would not have survived the next few days on her own.  The rats or the kids would've gotten her, or she would've simply wasted away from dehydration. 
Sneaks was none too pleased with her new room mate at the time, but I had no real choice.   She forgot I did the same for her once, saving her from sure death from a garbage truck compactor.

For her birthday I bought her a stuffed toy tomato, since she likes to wrap herself around things and kick the living shit out of them with her back legs.  She loves it.  Bought her favorite Pounce crack, too.

Tonight, we snuggle. :wub:

Ideologue

:)

You should have three.  It's like a blanket made of little space heaters.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 07, 2013, 04:57:55 PM
I'm getting really close to bringing one of the cats home.  They all have their hearbreaking stories, but some have more than others, and she's been pulling at my strings.

She's also front declawed, so the arms race between her and GangstaKitty would be even.  Sit around and box each other harmlessly like idiots.

I dunno.

I demand video of cat boxing.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

sbr

MadBurgerMaker

I acquired another one.  She came up to my front porch while I was out smoking and made herself at home (after demanding, and getting, food and water).  I let her chill in the garage for a couple days to see if she had anywhere else to go, etc, then took her to the vet, got her checked out and all that, and now shes trying to bite my hands as I type this post.  :wub:  A noisy orange thing that likes chasing the other ones around.  I call her: IV ("Ivy").

Darth Wagtaros

Cosmic Creepers has moved her base of operations from the chair to the loveseat.  This is big news. 
PDH!

Ed Anger

Drut is conducting missile drills.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Bertie is staring at me from kitchen counter.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 29, 2013, 01:07:35 AM
I acquired another one.  She came up to my front porch while I was out smoking and made herself at home (after demanding, and getting, food and water).  I let her chill in the garage for a couple days to see if she had anywhere else to go, etc, then took her to the vet, got her checked out and all that, and now shes trying to bite my hands as I type this post.  :wub:  A noisy orange thing that likes chasing the other ones around.  I call her: IV ("Ivy").

MBM gets karma points.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 29, 2013, 09:02:03 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 29, 2013, 01:07:35 AM

MBM gets karma points.

Yeah, thumps up to you and MBM.  :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 02, 2011, 07:04:00 PM
Brigadefuhrer Drut continues to patrol my grounds.

Brigadefuhrer Drut has bravely fallen in battle. RIP Drut.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"