News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRC

There must be something like 20 million ballots printed, i'm sure that printing errors do occur.  I wonder what percentage would be considered "consistency" as even 10,000 printing errors would be .05%.  As someone who has worked in print shops in the past that's probably a low margin to hit and i'd expect many more print errors to occur than .05%.

I think Elections Canada actually reviews the printed ballots before they go to the polls so these "clearly marked Conservative" ballots would have likely been tampered with at the polling stations (if it's indeed not a printing error). 

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Monoriu

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 19, 2015, 05:17:28 PM
While voting I've met 2 people with whom I share a last name & yet we aren't closely related for atleast 4 generations.

I'm sure I'll meet at least two people that share my last name if I take a random walk down the street  :P

Jacob

Right now, the Liberals have taken 100% of the called seats: http://www.cbc.ca/includes/federalelection/dashboard/

... of course, it's only five so far.

Josephus

Whenever I'm in Quebec I meet plenty of people whose first name is my last name. :lol:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: Jacob on October 19, 2015, 06:17:21 PM
Right now, the Liberals have taken 100% of the called seats: http://www.cbc.ca/includes/federalelection/dashboard/

... of course, it's only five so far.

Has CBC called it yet..."Based on results and projections the CBC is predicting a Liberal majority"
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Jacob

My mistake, not called yet - merely leading with about 70% of the vote.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on October 19, 2015, 06:38:50 PM
Liberals now with 7

Commies with 1

Not true. The Marxist Leninist Party (currently with zero votes cast in their favour) aren't trending to take any seats, nor is the Communist Party of Canada (they have currently received 1 vote).

Josephus

Fireblade

"Trudeau first publicly expressed an interest in the legalization of marijuana while speaking at a rally in Kelowna B.C. on July 24, 2013. He told a crowd, "I'm actually not in favour of decriminalizing cannabis. I'm in favour of legalizing it. Tax it, regulate."

BRB illegally immigrating to Canada

Josephus

Liberals out east taking seats from everyone, including vintage NDP seats.

Early trend: Anti-Harper vote seems more united.

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on October 19, 2015, 06:43:48 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 19, 2015, 06:38:50 PM
Liberals now with 7

Commies with 1

Not true. The Marxist Leninist Party (currently with zero votes cast in their favour) aren't trending to take any seats, nor is the Communist Party of Canada (they have currently received 1 vote).
the NDP ran on the same platform, they just hid it for their later years.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

So the question now is: Will these early results affect voting in the rest of the country?