And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: viper37 on June 06, 2013, 01:35:54 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 06, 2013, 12:59:59 PM
Besides, the mark of addiction isn't denial.  It's being dirty and poor.
Rob Ford is neither.
And is thus not an addict.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on June 06, 2013, 12:59:59 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 06, 2013, 12:50:20 PM
I am not sure I can take your word for it.  Do you have some kind of doctors note or expert medical report that suggests you shouldnt be executed?

They say that denial is the hallmark of addiction and you seem to exhibit it in spades.
If I am addicted, I've done a good job holding out for the last decade.

Besides, the mark of addiction isn't denial.  It's being dirty and poor.

First denial then deflection. 

Should we have an intervention?

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Malthus

If only the Liberals were ready for prime time ... !  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on June 06, 2013, 01:58:00 PM
oh fuck, no, please, not again!

The Cons maybe in a bad shape, but they're still miles ahead from any alternative (NDP and LPC, let's ignore Bloc Pot)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on June 06, 2013, 03:59:12 PM
Quote from: Malthus on June 06, 2013, 01:58:00 PM
oh fuck, no, please, not again!

The Cons maybe in a bad shape, but they're still miles ahead from any alternative (NDP and LPC, let's ignore Bloc Pot)

While true the Cons have got to up their game or even someone like Trudeau begins to look acceptable.  And then we are really in trouble.

Grey Fox

Sure, let's destroy Canada even more.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grallon

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 07, 2013, 09:58:44 AM

Quebecers might be stupid enough to vote for the Liberals again - despite the Sponsorship scandal, despite the fact the same Liberals were also involved in the current deluge of corruption allegations - that's how masochistic the (federalist) majority in this country is.  All this because of this lightweight Trudeau - who never has anything coherent to say about anything. :rolleyes:  <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Neil

Quote from: Grallon on June 07, 2013, 10:03:23 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 07, 2013, 09:58:44 AM
Quebecers might be stupid enough to vote for the Liberals again - despite the Sponsorship scandal, despite the fact the same Liberals were also involved in the current deluge of corruption allegations - that's how masochistic the (federalist) majority in this country is.  All this because of this lightweight Trudeau - who never has anything coherent to say about anything. :rolleyes:  <_<
He's young, good-looking, vapid...  Hell, if he'd been born 20 years later, he'd probably be gay.

Jacob

Harper's new plane makeover: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/06/07/pol-pm-plane-paint-job.html

What do you think? Perfectly innocuous as it's clearly representing all of Canada? Or a waste of tax money to satisfy party-political vanity?

New Colour Scheme (Canadian Red White and Blue)

Old Colour Scheme (Military Grey)

Neil

A plane was painted?  Now THIS is a scandal.

Why does this make Harper-haters angry?

Jacob

Quote from: Neil on June 07, 2013, 04:58:46 PM
A plane was painted?  Now THIS is a scandal.

Why does this make Harper-haters angry?

:lol:

Not quite a scandal, I don't think.

Anyhow, I'll put you down for "perfectly innocuous"

Neil

Yeah, I guess.  I don't get it.  Is there a swastika hidden somewhere in there?

crazy canuck

I think its a bit tacky having a government plane painted with Conservative Party colours.  A white plane with a giant Camper sized maple leaf would have been my choice.

Neil

I guess those are Tory colours, but they're also the colours of the roundel.