And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on April 27, 2012, 06:22:47 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 27, 2012, 06:19:20 PM
We spent the week bickering but in the end realized there isnt all that much to disagree about?

This too shall pass.

:lol:

Zoupa

Quote from: Jacob on April 27, 2012, 06:14:17 PM
What's going on around here? Everyone seems to be in a good mood. It's really out of character.

Mean, it is Friday and all but that happens once a week so that's not a sufficient explanation...

Fine, then.

Fuck you, Jake!

(not really  :blush: sorry)

Any of you guys see that NDP ad with Mulcair rolling up his sleeves?

Effective.

Josephus

Think I saw a poll recently that had the NDP above the Tories :showoff:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Jacob

More on the robo-call investigation: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/05/04/pol-robocalls-ip-address-traced.html

QuoteElections Canada has traced a computer from the Conservative campaign in Guelph, Ont., to the account that paid for robocalls that falsely directed voters to the wrong polling station in the last federal election.

Newly released court documents show investigator Al Mathews traced a PayPal account used to pay for the robocalls to the same IP address as a computer used by Andrew Prescott, the deputy campaign manager in the riding

Mathews found that both Prescott and "Pierre Poutine" used the same two IP addresses when logging into their accounts with Racknine. On May 2, 2011 — election day — both clients "accessed Racknine within four minutes of each other," using the same IP address, Mathews says in the court document.

Mathews does not accuse Prescott of making the calls.

The court documents also say two Conservative workers in the last election campaign reported comments made by a former staffer about campaign misinformation.

Matthew McBain and Christopher Crawford said Michael Sona talked about "calling electors to tell them their poll location had changed" and "making a misleading poll moving call," according to Matthews' court filing.

Sona, who worked on Burke's campaign, resigned in February from Conservative MP Eve Adams' office shortly after news broke about the investigation in Guelph.

crazy canuck

I am interested to see how the Conservatives respond to this.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 10, 2012, 07:25:41 AM
Oh yeah! Sadly this wont hold up for 3 more years.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ndp-broadens-support-into-tory-turf-poll-shows/article2428433/

It can...or close to it, if the Liberals continue to fade away into obscurity. The NDP should target the Liberals not the Conservatives who are always going to poll close to their current number at least.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 04, 2012, 04:44:44 PM
I am interested to see how the Conservatives respond to this.

I guess they didn't really? I haven't come across anything, at least.

viper37

No, nothing but silence on this one.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 10, 2012, 07:25:41 AM
Oh yeah! Sadly this wont hold up for 3 more years.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ndp-broadens-support-into-tory-turf-poll-shows/article2428433/
it's good it happens.  It'll force them to clean their act, stop this monarchist bullishit and concentrate on their strenght: budget reduction.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

Monarchism is one of their strengths.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on May 11, 2012, 10:39:41 AM

It's also really weird and feels like it's out of left field.

There is no canadian identity, give it up already.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

that's why they're falling in the polls.

Thomas Mulcair will be your next Prime Minister.  Bye-bye tar sands!  :yeah:

Jacob

The BC minister of Jobs, Tourism and Innovation is making small talk to some start up people about 4 metres away from me, having just finished giving his politician comments to a news crew.

Neil

Quote from: viper37 on May 11, 2012, 01:11:33 PM
that's why they're falling in the polls.
People like monarchism.
QuoteThomas Mulcair will be your next Prime Minister.  Bye-bye tar sands!  :yeah:
Seems unlikely.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.