Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 29, 2011, 08:26:05 AM
Jim McMahon is not amused.

Heh.  McMahon would agree with me.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on August 29, 2011, 08:26:28 AM

Schools who want our overbid TV contract.  Schools who the PAC 10 doesn't want and cannot get into another BCS league.

Wyoming!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on August 29, 2011, 08:25:25 AM
On the other hand it is BYU :yuck:

Hell replacing a&m with BYU is just swapping one cult for another, except the new one has actually had some real success on the football field in living memory.  Is their baseball team any good?

Berkut

The Big-9 could then get access to all that Mormon money.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Berkut on August 29, 2011, 10:04:25 AM

You seem to have real trouble with the name of that particular conference.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 29, 2011, 10:14:25 AM

Berkut has decided the Big 12 is all about money and therefore evil.  Or something.

But he also hates the SEC so maybe he just doesn't like non-Rose Bowl affiliated leagues and that is fair.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Rasputin

Quote from: Valmy on August 29, 2011, 10:35:32 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 29, 2011, 10:14:25 AM

Berkut has decided the Big 12 is all about money and therefore evil.  Or something.

But he also hates the SEC so maybe he just doesn't like non-Rose Bowl affiliated leagues and that is fair.

i dont like it

we once had a big ten with twelve teams and a big twelve with ten teams and all seemed right in the world; then comes obama and now we have a big twelve with one team and eight bubbas, ohio state getting ready to join michigan in the cellar of the big ten, and miami on the verge of the death penalty

football wise, i'm ready for a return to the clinton years
Who is John Galt?

Valmy

Quote from: Rasputin on August 29, 2011, 10:56:41 AM
i dont like it

we once had a big ten with twelve teams and a big twelve with ten teams and all seemed right in the world; then comes obama and now we have a big twelve with one team and eight bubbas, ohio state getting ready to join michigan in the cellar of the big ten, and miami on the verge of the death penalty

And Florida State was still awesome.  It sounds like you have a great team this year though.  Beat OU please.

Rasputin

Quote from: Valmy on August 29, 2011, 11:00:39 AM
Quote from: Rasputin on August 29, 2011, 10:56:41 AM
i dont like it

And Florida State was still awesome.  It sounds like you have a great team this year though.  Beat OU please.

okl is the only game about which i worry

first okl is the only team that fsu has played more than once whom fsu has never beaten...its up to 0 and 8 or something along those lines

second okl embarrassed us last year -- it was like a pop warner team taking on a  high school team

okl is just as good and while we're better, that's a big gap to fill in a year.

but if we win, wow, what a great way to return to glory!
Who is John Galt?

Ed Anger

Quoteohio state getting ready to join michigan in the cellar of the big ten

Rumors of Ohio State's demise may be exaggerated. I predict 7-5. Now go rub some dirt on it and get back in the game, sweethart.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Ah they've finally "leaked" the UTSA football uniforms (they also showed the jerseys on the stupid Birth of a Program TV show on FSN):

The font seems strange to me, like maybe it needs some sort of outline or something, but whatever.  There's a blue...stripe type thing at the bottom of the pants too:

I think they look just fine.  :)   No dumbass stripes or random splotches of color anywhere aside from the pants, and I can forgive that given the possible alternatives.

44 here is one of the LBs.  He needs to grow some long greasy hair if he wants to be taken seriously.

Valmy

Those unis look like the Denver Broncos...which is not a bad thing.

grumbler

I like the font.  I didn't when I first saw it, but it has grown on me to the point where it is a positive.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

dps

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 29, 2011, 11:37:50 AM
Quoteohio state getting ready to join michigan in the cellar of the big ten

Rumors of Ohio State's demise may be exaggerated. I predict 7-5. Now go rub some dirt on it and get back in the game, sweethart.

Given that Indiana is still in the league, that it'll take some time for Jerry Kill to get Minnesota turned around, and we don't really know if Dan Pensa is truly healthy, I don't think that they'll go into the cellar.  :lol:

Actually, I'd still expect them to finish no worse than 4th.