News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Quote from: Malthus on May 02, 2013, 09:28:38 AM
You have to be the first person I've met who enjoyed 2001 but found Breaking Bad boring.  :lol:

People are telling me it picks up after the first few episodes, so I'll give it another go some time.  :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Liep on May 02, 2013, 09:17:09 AM
The advertisement for Lars Von Trier's new movie has started, it'll be an 8 month long campaign. The cast includes Stellan Skarsgård, Shia LaBeouf, Uma Thurman, Charlotte Gainsbourg and Willem Dafoe, and according the Lars himself it won't be very suitable to masturbate to.

Well, that's just super.  That fucking fruitcake.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Maladict on May 02, 2013, 09:57:26 AM
Quote from: Malthus on May 02, 2013, 09:28:38 AM
You have to be the first person I've met who enjoyed 2001 but found Breaking Bad boring.  :lol:

People are telling me it picks up after the first few episodes, so I'll give it another go some time.  :)

Yeah, you gotta plow through the first 3 or 4 episodes, but it really ratchets up after that.  Fucking awesome show.

mongers

Watched 6 hours of this series:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01rk2d0/Keeping_Britain_Alive_The_NHS_in_a_Day_Episode_1/

Filmed on just one day last October across the Health Service in the UK.

Overall pretty good with some 'nice'  illuminating human interest stories. Though I doubt any other cynical Languishite would like it.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Human interest stories?  About the NHS?  You're going to make all the libertariantards on Languish projectile vomit.

CountDeMoney

Fuck, Hannibal is some fucked up shit.  What a great show.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 02, 2013, 09:50:58 PM
Human interest stories?  About the NHS?  You're going to make all the libertariantards on Languish projectile vomit.

Yeah, I imagined that a couple of times whilst watching it, "Yi et al just going it's wrong that these ill/sick people just turn up and get treated for free".  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Liep on May 02, 2013, 09:55:05 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 02, 2013, 09:23:50 AM
Quote from: Liep on May 02, 2013, 09:17:09 AM
it won't be very suitable to masturbate to.

No dying baby scenes this time around? :bleeding:

Shit, I can see that stuff downtown.

Admiral Yi

You know what be a fresh and interesting thing for you to try out Mongers?  Something like responding to what I actually post, rather than claiming to know what I'd think in a given situation.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 02, 2013, 10:01:00 PM
Something like responding to what I actually post, rather than claiming to know what I'd think in a given situation.

Quick, Yi...Lars Von Triers flicks:  hawt nor nawt?

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 02, 2013, 10:03:31 PM
Something like responding to what I actually post, rather than claiming to know what I'd think in a given situation.

Dancer in the Dark?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

I don't find humans very interesting.  Not enough dreadnoughts.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 02, 2013, 10:03:31 PM

I liked his Kingdom miniseries and I liked Melancholia.
and the horse you rode in on

CountDeMoney

Just thinking about Antichrist makes my balls crawl up inside my abdominal cavity and cower in an extended hostage standoff.