Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Kung Fu Panda 2.

Wonderful, just as good as the first one :wub:
Let's bomb Russia!

Habbaku

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 11, 2012, 10:59:47 PM
What were you guy's opinion of Dredd? Worth watching?

Definitely worth watching.  Better in 3D, unlike so many other 3D movies, but it's fine without it.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Larch

I caught Transformers yesterday on TV, and watched it as I hadn't seen it before. I finished the film being of the opinion that Michael Bay should, at some point in his career, make an experimental artsy film with no dialogue at all, only explosions and hotties. It'd be much more watchable that the turd I just saw (Megan Fox excepted). Jesus tap dancing Christ, was soooo much of the film unwatchable cringeworthy shit. I couldn't stand any of the supposedly funny scenes.

It was all good at the end of the day because afterwards they showed Hot fuzz.  :bowler:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on November 11, 2012, 10:08:43 PM
Bridesmaids- Dissapointing. I was promised something amazing, a few moments aside it was merely so-so.

Who promised you that?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Larch on November 12, 2012, 04:42:47 AM
I caught Transformers yesterday on TV, and watched it as I hadn't seen it before. I finished the film being of the opinion that Michael Bay should, at some point in his career, make an experimental artsy film with no dialogue at all, only explosions and hotties. It'd be much more watchable that the turd I just saw (Megan Fox excepted). Jesus tap dancing Christ, was soooo much of the film unwatchable cringeworthy shit. I couldn't stand any of the supposedly funny scenes.

It was all good at the end of the day because afterwards they showed Hot fuzz.  :bowler:

Megan Fox is a turd also.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

The ending to the recent zombie show was a tad surreal.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

NO SPOILERS DAMMIT WATCHING IT THIS AFTERNOON

Josephus

THAT WASN'T A SPOILER..I JUST SAID SURREAL.

(although if it was me I would just stay out of a thread called "TV/Movies megathread" ;)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

lustindarkness

Quigley Down Under (1990). Pretty good movie, a Western in Australia. Tom Selleck makes friends with the aborigines by shooting the evil white man from afar with his long rifle. Gets the crazy woman at the end.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 12, 2012, 08:38:08 AM
NO SPOILERS DAMMIT WATCHING IT THIS AFTERNOON

[spoiler]It has Zombies in it.[/spoiler]
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

11B4V

Red Dawn inbound to theaters is a few day. I will not see it. I will wait till it comes out on DVD and borrow it.

My next theater experience will be "The Hobbit"
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on November 12, 2012, 03:16:09 PM
My next theater experience will be "The Hobbit"

Not for me. I'm not keen on sitting through its 3 movies. Barely survived the LoR movies.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 12, 2012, 07:03:07 AM
Quote from: Tyr on November 11, 2012, 10:08:43 PM
Bridesmaids- Dissapointing. I was promised something amazing, a few moments aside it was merely so-so.

Who promised you that?  :huh:

Some friends and even a few reviewers.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

So...can we talk about the zombie tv show yet? I need to ask something.