News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

So I take it Ide should see (if he hasn't already) - Beyond the Black Rainbow?

http://www.slantmagazine.com/dvd/review/beyond-the-black-rainbow/2428

QuoteBut more than anything else, Beyond the Black Rainbow is a love letter to Kubrick—primarily 2001: A Space Odyssey's erotic sterility, protracted dialogue scenes, and impossibly polished surfaces.

Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2012, 08:51:25 PM
Beyond The Black Rainbow

I kinda feel like I was slowly raped for about 2 hours. Also it probably didn't help that I thought I was going to a screening of Black Rainbow.

That said I do now feel like I'm in on an in-joke where the items below are now hilarious. Especially 5 and 10.

1. Conversation with Rosemary
2. Conversation with a fax machine
3. The shoulder rub
4. The enormous knob
5. _ RUN PROGRAM > SENTIONAUTS _
6. "Bring home the mother lode"
7. NORIEGA Fine Custom Leathers
8. "Where did you get that outfit?"
9. The break room
10. "You are doin' soooo good"
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Quote from: Tyr on October 22, 2012, 08:49:12 AM
why did the guy with her distract the other zombies and lead them away whilst she opened the fence to get the corpse? There were just 5 of them, every dead zee helps...

Every alive zombie outside the gates is another layer of protection, too, unless you get to a breaking-point where they might destroy the gates.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 22, 2012, 10:55:59 AM
"You got a cell phone so we can call our families?"

"You guys rob a bank or something?"

Gotta say, I am surprised that TWD has gone 2 for 2 this season with episode two being even better than the premiere.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Excited to see next week and their take on Woodbury/Governor
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Zoupa

Anyone catch Homeland last night?

Good for you, Carrie, good for you. The acting is really up there, damn. Best show on TV?

katmai

Too cheap to pay for Showtime. :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Zoupa

:pirate: , unfortunately. Not available in Quebekistan...

Josephus

Bought Season 1 of Homeland. Am about six or seven episodes in. It is brilliant. It's like 24 without the stupid 24 hour premise, and super Jack Bauer.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Habbaku

Quote from: Josephus on October 22, 2012, 05:23:13 PM
Bought Season 1 of Homeland. Am about six or seven episodes in. It is brilliant. It's like 24 without the stupid 24 hour premise, and super Jack Bauer.

:yes:

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

Super Jack Bauer was entertaining. Agree about the happening in real time gimmick.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Zoupa on October 22, 2012, 05:01:28 PM

It's on superchannel. Tele-Quebec's going to air season 1 too.

I think that's crazy english version = 15$/month or whatever

French version is avalaible in the middle of the woods.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Homeland  I found took some getting into. The first episode or two were thoroughly meh, struck me as rather silly, but it picks up and yeah, got pretty great.

Quote from: Habbaku on October 22, 2012, 03:52:51 PM
Quote from: Tyr on October 22, 2012, 08:49:12 AM
why did the guy with her distract the other zombies and lead them away whilst she opened the fence to get the corpse? There were just 5 of them, every dead zee helps...

Every alive zombie outside the gates is another layer of protection, too, unless you get to a breaking-point where they might destroy the gates.
hmm, fair point, humans are the real enemy and all that. Guess it disguises that they're there somewhat too.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

In the Mood for Love. I have mixed feelings about this one. Beautiful but boring. So many lingering sweeps with the camera, so much plot development taking place offstage. Ultimately, this film succeeds more as a work of art than entertainment.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 22, 2012, 05:57:24 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on October 22, 2012, 05:01:28 PM

It's on superchannel. Tele-Quebec's going to air season 1 too.

I think that's crazy english version = 15$/month or whatever

French version is avalaible in the middle of the woods.
I thought this was an HBO show... no wonder I can't find it! Damn.  I'll have to make a Zoupa out of me to get it now.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tonitrus

Been watching the "World Without End" miniseries.

"Pillars of the Earth" I thought was quite good.  "WWE" is way too over-the-top silly.