News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gups

Quote from: Malthus on November 16, 2020, 07:44:53 PM
I was reading a book on the battle of Blenheim I picked up on a whim when I was surprised to discover that the author was the brother of Princess Di. He's quite good at writing readable popular history books!

I read that a few years ago. It was surprisingly good.

viper37

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 17, 2020, 04:01:43 AM
Kinda strange that CC would know that.
He's Canadian.  They have a thing for monarchy.  :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Hey Shelf:

[spoiler]Did you see that mouse running across the carpet at the beginning of S4E3 of The Crown?  WTF?[/spoiler]

Admiral Yi

Not very serious spoiler if you haven't seen S4E3 of The Crown yet.

Valmy

[spoiler]That is why the Queen should have cats and not corgis.[/spoiler]
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 17, 2020, 01:40:04 PM
Hey Shelf:

[spoiler]Did you see that mouse running across the carpet at the beginning of S4E3 of The Crown?  WTF?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Yeah - I feel like away from the grand public rooms and the ones that are always being used like bedrooms, the royal palaces are a bit rundown. Plus they're old buildings: mice everywhere.[/spoiler]
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

But do you think they included it in the shot on purpose?

"Prostitutes and Australians."  :lol:

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 17, 2020, 03:58:14 PM
But do you think they included it in the shot on purpose?

Of course they did, even if it was accidental they'd have alternate takes without it to chose instead

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 17, 2020, 03:58:14 PM
Not wrong - although in the 80s it also had the gays :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Hungarian Star Wars poster.

I like using R2's dome as Vader's pauldron. I'm confused about the green lizard with the sword, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on November 18, 2020, 03:07:16 AM

I'm confused about the green lizard with the sword, though.

Star Wars was always more about fantasy than SF anyways. Even Lucas said so once. Granted, the backtracked more than once, namely about artworks preservation for instance.  :P

FunkMonk

The Crown is probably my favorite thing on Netflix but every time I watch an episode I think to myself "Why haven't the Brits rid themselves of this ghastly family yet?"  :bowler:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 18, 2020, 09:28:13 AM
The Crown is probably my favorite thing on Netflix but every time I watch an episode I think to myself "Why haven't the Brits rid themselves of this ghastly family yet?"  :bowler:

how would the tabloids survive?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 18, 2020, 09:28:13 AM

Episode 2 of this current season gave me 100% that feeling.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.