News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Just watched the Community Civil War episode.  :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Brilliant (doubly so, because apparently the format was chosen to save budget - re-using props from the previous week, using stills etc.) and getting Keith David for narration was the cherry on top. :lol:

Though now I will have Ashokan Farewell stuck in my head again for days by association. <_<
https://youtu.be/uZmxZThb084
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Parks and Recreation.
Had completely forgotten about Biden showing up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXNDKeVcwf4
:lol:
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Can't think of a worse trailer I've seen recently than this:
https://twitter.com/RottenTomatoes/status/1326220124701945856?s=20

Yet - I am intrigued by Christopher Walken's Irish accent and, bafflingly given that he's from County Down, by Jamie Dornan's Irish accent :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Which guy is the audience supposed to root for?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sheilbh

First episode of new seris of His Dark Materials :o

Finally it's really good :w00t: :wub:
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Paranormal. Egyptian series. Man of science goes up against demons, mummies and ghosts. I liked it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

In a display of weakness I went and picked up the yank remake of Utopia, again.  :sleep:

It's a straighter, aesthetically darker, and less humorous version of the British original, so in short it's the same show, except without those things that made the original show so great. It's quirky enough as to be quite watchable (I mean, the "comic book holds the keys to the apocalypse" hook is just too fun), but I'm urged to just rewatch the original.

What's fantastically creepy is how timely it feels, since they played up the plague aspect of the original.

celedhring

Watched "Accident" a 1960s movie from the Josep Losey - Dirk Bogarde duet, with a script by Harold Pinter. I have said this and I'll say it again: for some weird cultural reason brits always make the best - and most twisted - infidelity movies.  :bowler:

The scene were Bogarde (who's a married uni professor) returns home to catch one of his colleagues having sex with the pupil Bogarde desires, and then he proceeds to calmly make himself an omelette is how I expect any Brit would behave in front of such a situation  :P

The Brain

Bordello of Blood. Again. Still good.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Watched the interview with Gillian Anderson and Olivia Colman on Colbert. Having watched Peep Show this year it's a really weird disconnect to see Colman in a clip as Her Majesty.  :wacko:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on November 12, 2020, 07:27:23 AM
Watched "Accident" a 1960s movie from the Josep Losey - Dirk Bogarde duet, with a script by Harold Pinter. I have said this and I'll say it again: for some weird cultural reason brits always make the best - and most twisted - infidelity movies.  :bowler:

The scene were Bogarde (who's a married uni professor) returns home to catch one of his colleagues having sex with the pupil Bogarde desires, and then he proceeds to calmly make himself an omelette is how I expect any Brit would behave in front of such a situation  :P

British omelette seems like a twist to bring horror movie tropes.  :P

Syt

Did anyone remember that Elvira was on the Super Mario Brothers Super Show, and apparently Luigi became a mummy?

—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

I have zero memory of this show at all. I only remember a mario cartoon.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on November 14, 2020, 12:39:06 PM
I have zero memory of this show at all. I only remember a mario cartoon.

It was shown as part of the show.
—Stephen Jay Gould