And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: Josephus on January 30, 2020, 03:49:41 PM
Quote from: Iormlund on January 30, 2020, 02:34:05 PM
Probably as long as they are not being fired at you.

Wouldn't knock it till you try it.

Anyway, here's a diversionary true story.

When I was young I went to a school in Malta, run by a Catholic order of brothers who were very mean spirited. It was a fairly large school and we had very strict rules. One of them was the "out of bounds rules". We werent' allowed to leave school property during the school day. Well one day, at recess, we were playing soccer, as we all did, when one of us kicked the ball over the fence and into the valley down below.

Two of us, making sure the brothers weren't watching, climbed over the chain link fence and went looking for the ball in the valley. Amongst the brush, and trees, we found what we thought was the ball. It wasn't. It was very heavy. It was a cannon ball from the Turkish seige of Malta. We carried it back up, and with difficulty tried bringing it over the fence. We were caught by the prefects, who took us to see the Brothers.

the brothers were delighted to see the cannon ball, and put it on display in the front entrance, along with a previously unearthed fragment from a WW2 German bomb.  We, on the other hand, got suspended for a week.

Hehe, very cool story!

Admiral Yi

Youse guys were right about the skin in Outlander.  See how long it holds me.

Eddie Teach

Dolemite is My Name. Note to the creators- showing a crowd of people laughing uproariously doesn't make the material funny.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

frunk

Series finales of The Good Place and Bojack Horseman had me way more emotional than any other non-real event.

mongers

'Hidden Figures' - Fine for a feel-good film.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Regression. Satanic cult terrorizes small town. [spoiler]To those old enough to remember the 80s and early 90s it's obvious from the first moments what the deal is. It's a decent enough movie though, and if it can help the younger generation avoid witch hunts then that's great.[/spoiler]
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 01, 2020, 10:35:28 PM
Youse guys were right about the skin in Outlander.  See how long it holds me.
:lol:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

I'm really liking The New Pope.

And for Yi, there's some MILFy tits in it. Last episode had some MILF side bush too.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Brain

A Cure for Wellness. Zhukov runs a Swiss sanatorium, with hilarious results. At least an hour too long and a bit of a mess.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

KRonn

Quote from: Josephus on February 05, 2020, 11:07:29 AM
I'm really liking The New Pope.

And for Yi, there's some MILFy tits in it. Last episode had some MILF side bush too.

I've been watching some of that too. Pretty good so far.

Admiral Yi

I'm watching Bladerunner the final cut on Netflix and I can't see any changes.  Maybe a couple more minutes when Deckard enters Sebastian's apartment?

Maladict

Watched Ad Astra yesterday. The story itself isn't bad, nor is Pitt's acting. But the unnecessary action sequences are just ludicrous and ruin everything.

crazy canuck

This season of Vikings started off the alt history charts and ended in complete fantasy

[spoiler]The Rus army forms in Kiev and invades "Norway" via a Normandy style landing with specialized landing craft.  Budget was not big enough to include battleships and air support though  [/spoiler]

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 06, 2020, 08:55:59 AM
This season of Vikings started off the alt history charts and ended in complete fantasy

[spoiler]The Rus army forms in Kiev and invades "Norway" via a Normandy style landing with specialized landing craft.  Budget was not big enough to include battleships and air support though  [/spoiler]

:lol:

[spoiler]The really funny part is that the iconic Longship was feared exactly because it was already a specialized landing craft - very shallow draft, could put in at any inlet, allowed raiders to show up nearly anywhere ... the Norse also used another class of ship entirely, the Knarr, for cargo. [/spoiler]
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

[spoiler]They needed a catalyst so Erik the Red would go on and colonize Greenland with some other survivors.  And to justify Scandinavian-Novgorod wars, most likely, from a series point of view.[/spoiler]

Despite the alt-history, it is still very good television. :)  Sad that History channel has censored our feed, Yi will be unable to fully appreciate this series. :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.