News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: Syt on August 28, 2018, 12:04:13 PM
Liking this season of Better Call Saul a lot. Though it pulls you a bit out of the episode when you think, "Isn't that Neelix?"

I'm liking it a lot too. I liked last season but I'm glad that the show is moving on from Saul's previous lawyer jobs and affiliations with his brother's old company. I do like seeing some of the regulars from Breaking Bad. There's a lot of drama, action and suspense to be had. Odenkirk does a great job as Saul. I wonder how Kim stays with him but he hasn't gone completely rogue as yet, hasn't fully shown that side of him. But he's not a bad guy, just somewhat ethically challenged and will become more so. 

celedhring

I dropped out from Better Call Saul midway through season 2. I might go back to it if Season 3 is as good as people say. I loved Breaking Bad but for some reason Saul has never fully clicked for me.

Barrister

Started watching Jurassic World 2 with the boys last night.

Hot damn is this stupid.  Boys loved it though.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

I'm quite hooked by BCS. It took a bit to find its stride.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

KRonn

Quote from: Syt on September 08, 2018, 08:44:57 AM
I'm quite hooked by BCS. It took a bit to find its stride.
I was skeptical about Saul at first, but Odenkirk and the Saul character make for a fun show. Plus we have the other drug lords, hit men and various ne'er do wells to spice things up.

Josephus

I actually like the drug lords side plot better than the Saul one, although it's inevitable the two plots will merge. S.3 is, overall, somewhat better.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tonitrus

I think what BCS is kinda leading up to/showing, is that Saul wants to be big-time OG, but has been (and will end up being), just a useful/clever idiot for the real evil-doers.

Gups

Succession. Best new series for 5 years or so. If the next. Couple of seasons keep up the quality, it will be on of the all time greats.

KRonn

I liked the Shannara Chronicles show, based on the books. It was set in a future dystopian Earth, a fantasy type world with elves, dwarves, druids and others. It was pretty good. I looked it up to see when it was coming on for (I think) the third season, but it was canceled. It was on Spike TV and that got bought out or moved to Paramount TV station, so that may have had something to do with the cancellation.

celedhring

Quote from: Josephus on September 08, 2018, 02:17:04 PM
I actually like the drug lords side plot better than the Saul one, although it's inevitable the two plots will merge. S.3 is, overall, somewhat better.

Yeah, the same happened to me. Enjoyed all the Ehrmantraut/drug stuff more than Saul himself.

celedhring

Started watching the Jack Ryan show. It's neither good or bad, decent mindless entertainment.

grumbler

Quote from: KRonn on September 09, 2018, 02:41:46 PM
I liked the Shannara Chronicles show, based on the books. It was set in a future dystopian Earth, a fantasy type world with elves, dwarves, druids and others. It was pretty good. I looked it up to see when it was coming on for (I think) the third season, but it was canceled. It was on Spike TV and that got bought out or moved to Paramount TV station, so that may have had something to do with the cancellation.

Those books were a real bow-wow, though it might have made for good TV.  Of course, they made a TV series out of the even worse Terry Goodkind books, so that's not much of a recommendation.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Catherine Keaner has gotten very large.

celedhring

Quote from: grumbler on September 09, 2018, 03:39:06 PM
Quote from: KRonn on September 09, 2018, 02:41:46 PM

Those books were a real bow-wow, though it might have made for good TV.  Of course, they made a TV series out of the even worse Terry Goodkind books, so that's not much of a recommendation.

I kinda miss having decent fantasy TV now that GoT is nearing its end. I hope the Witcher show turns out to be good. Not really a fan of Cavill as Gerald, though.

The Larch

Has anyone here watched the beginning of Mayans MC, the spinoff to Sons of Anarchy that has just debuted on TV these days?