And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

LaCroix

haven't seen the latest episode of walking dead, but.. from comments here i take it that dale dies. if so, i'm glad. fucker has been annoying all season long, what with his odd and sick obsession with the annoying andrea, and his attempt to splinter the group by convincing people that the wonderful shane is a harmful element. no, dale, you are harmful for pitting one side against the other

although, with the preview from last week's episode of shane still being anti-rick.. after all that was said and done.. i suppose the writers are intent on making shane out to be unrealistically unreasonable. too bad. at the very least, if dale is dead then that removes one annoying fuck from the group

Habbaku

Quote from: LaCroix on March 05, 2012, 09:11:46 PM
haven't seen the latest episode of walking dead, but.. from comments here i take it that dale dies.

You're quick.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

LaCroix

Quote from: Habbaku on March 05, 2012, 09:13:56 PMYou're quick.

:lol:

hey, come on. i've been drinking. at least respond to the other points!

Habbaku

The other points read like you're trolling too hard.

Seriously, "the wonderful shane"?  Yeah, as long as you aren't fat and wounded, I guess.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

LaCroix

Quote from: Habbaku on March 05, 2012, 09:20:49 PM
The other points read like you're trolling too hard.

Seriously, "the wonderful shane"?  Yeah, as long as you aren't fat and wounded, I guess.

:huh:

i'm really not. i've found nothing wrong with his actions thus far this season, except for his odd disregard for the friendship he had with rick. shane felt otis needed to die for the kid to live, and so he shot him in the leg to use him as bait for the zombie horde--thus allowing him to escape. solid plan of action. remember: otis was not part of the group, he was just an outsider, one who happened to have accidentally shot rick's son--which only helps shane's case, imo

the only issue i have with shane's actions this season is.. after having been saved by rick, after rick quite clearly explained to shane that there was no going back to the old life, and being so repeatedly rebuked by lori, he is trying to usurp leadership. that's what the preview from last week made apparent, and i think it's unrealistic. the writers are forcing shane into a corner due to ridiculousness to the point where he, by the end of the season, is killed or -removed- .. otherwise, he's been fine. he was right about the barn: it forced the issue bluntly, but it worked, his actions toward otis worked, his pragmatic attitude has saved them

i'm not trolling, i really do think shane (up until the preview of last episode) has been understandable. if he really does keep trying to remove rick, then it's just .. stupid, because that would be him shitting on his friendship with rick and removing an incredibly valuable member of the group

Josquius

I watched 500 Days of Summer on the weekend again.
Subsequent watches make cracks appear but it remains awesome.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Just finished watching Borgen.  Bravo, Danes.

I got to the last two episodes of The Killing II, but I'd accidently missed the expiry date on iPlayer so I've no idea what happened then :weep: :bleeding:

Edit:  The finale of Borgen was incredible actually, ruminating on it.  So impressive.  Every character moved and changed, brilliantly performed and somewhere between hopeful and grim.  Really good stuff.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Part of FUBAR: Balls to the Walls.  Two Canadian metalheads venture into oil country to get a taste of the good life.  Many poor choices are made.

viper37

Just go with it

Not as boring as I tought.  Some nice bikini shots of Brooklyn Decker, wich is the main point of the movie.  Extremely predictable from the beginning, midly funny, but it has very good moments.  Jennifer Aniston is really attractive for a 42 year old woman.  But Brooklyn is in another category.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

Does anyone know if "John Carter of Mars" is worth watching? The labels "Disney" and "3D" are a bit offputting.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on March 07, 2012, 11:22:51 AM
Does anyone know if "John Carter of Mars" is worth watching? The labels "Disney" and "3D" are a bit offputting.

Well it's not out yet, so hard to give you anything definitive.

61% at Rotten Tomatoes.  So, mixed reviews.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Viking

The buzz is that it will be a catastrophy. I suspect it will be a decent evening out and worth watching in a theater. And it's changed name to "John Carter" since studio execs have no sci fi credentials.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

The labels "Disney" and "3D" are a bit offputting.

Didn't hurt The Lion King a couple months ago.  :)

HAKUNA MATATA BITCHES

FunkMonk

Yes, but Lion King is a beloved Disney classic that people would put money down to see in the theaters with their kids, many of whom were children themselves when it first premiered and would appreciate the nostalgia.

Most people haven't the faintest clue what the fuck John Carter is (including me until about two minutes ago when I looked on Wiki). Personally, the movie looks like dropped footage from Star Wars Episode I. I'll pass.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.