And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 19, 2016, 06:00:33 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 19, 2016, 03:12:44 PM
pegged for Bond. Get your mind right. This is James Bond were talking about.

https://youtu.be/tXg5dMVCRtI

They just empty mags into him at the end :lol:

Man, when that show was in its prime!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

celedhring

New Star Trek: Beyond trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzWIGFiGrlA

Doesn't do much for me. Rather action generic-y. We'll see the reviews.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

AnchorClanker

After Garry Shandling passed away, I remembered how much I had enjoyed "The Larry Sanders Show' and plumped for the boxed set... not only has it held up well, it's a lovely reminder of the 90's and has loads of interesting celebrity cameos.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Admiral Yi

Was watching Shawshank Redemption and thought they got it wrong when they read the big cheese guard his Miranda rights but I looked it up and Miranda came on line in 66, much earlier than I thought. :nerd:

Capetan Mihali

Sadly, Ernesto Miranda himself ended up stabbed to death in a bar fight not much later.

Gideon v. Wainwright, the 1963 case that affirmed the federal constitutional right to appointed counsel (at least for "serious" offenses), has a pretty interesting factual backstory too.  With a plaintiff who was very factually innocent of the crime for which he was convicted (which Miranda probably wasn't) and was able to secure a quick acquittal on retrial with a lawyer.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Josephus

I think the next Bond will be black.

or gay.

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on May 22, 2016, 03:25:08 AM
Sadly, Ernesto Miranda himself ended up stabbed to death in a bar fight not much later.

When they found him, he had dozens of Miranda cards on him.

QuoteGideon v. Wainwright, the 1963 case that affirmed the federal constitutional right to appointed counsel (at least for "serious" offenses), has a pretty interesting factual backstory too.  With a plaintiff who was very factually innocent of the crime for which he was convicted (which Miranda probably wasn't) and was able to secure a quick acquittal on retrial with a lawyer.

One of Henry Fonda's last movies, IIRC.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on May 22, 2016, 07:38:59 AM
I think the next Bond will be black.

or gay.

Black maybe. If gay, it will just be the actor.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Because every woman wants to be Bond and every man wants to fuck her?

I think that's been tried before.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

The odds are currently very good that loki is the next bond.

A black bond is all well and good but who could it be? The commonly repeated names are a bit old.
I'd like to see an Asian bond. A bit more british.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on May 22, 2016, 03:40:36 PM

A black bond is all well and good but who could it be? The commonly repeated names are a bit old.

Jaden Smith?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Bond is not a Ching Chong. :P

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".