News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: celedhring on May 19, 2016, 09:37:19 AM
Yeah, season 1 is definitely a slow start, but it really gets going in the second half of it. I love the mix of utter silliness and gut-wrenching emotional stuff. Plus the voice acting is so damn good.

I have the opening credits music as my ringtone  :Embarrass:

Again, if you like that mix, you will probably like R&M.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 18, 2016, 09:55:03 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 12, 2016, 09:14:07 PM
Shelving Deadwood for the while, starting up on Sopranos.  Just as good as I remember it.  :smoke:

Really sad to see Meadow's ass exploding in season 2.  :(

If you look carefully, you'll see she got a nose job between Pilot episode and episode 2
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

celedhring

Quote from: Malthus on May 19, 2016, 09:46:14 AM
Yeah, season 1 is definitely a slow start, but it really gets going in the second half of it. I love the mix of utter silliness and gut-wrenching emotional stuff. Plus the voice acting is so damn good.

Mmmm... Just watched a few youtube clips and it looks right my alley. I'm not subscribed to the platform that carries it in Spain, but it's the same guys that show Better Call Saul so I'll probably get one month and do some binging, once I have a clearer schedule.

Malthus

Quote from: celedhring on May 19, 2016, 10:09:26 AM
Quote from: Malthus on May 19, 2016, 09:46:14 AM

Mmmm... Just watched a few youtube clips and it looks right my alley. I'm not subscribed to the platform that carries it in Spain, but it's the same guys that show Better Call Saul so I'll probably get one month and do some binging, once I have a clearer schedule.

Heh, R&M once did a Simpsons Couch Gag - no doubt to the total bewilderment of the majority of Simpsons viewers who have no idea who these characters are.  :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ecYoSvGO60
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

frunk

Season 1 of R&M is on Hulu, and AdultSwim unlocks random episodes on their site.

celedhring

Quote from: frunk on May 19, 2016, 10:16:52 AM
Season 1 of R&M is on Hulu, and AdultSwim unlocks random episodes on their site.

We don't get Hulu over here, but AdultSwim.com lets me watch a handful of Season 2 ones. Looks a bit pointless to jump on these without knowing the series, though.

Zanza

Daniel Craig was offered 68 million British pound to play Bond in two more films, but declined.

mongers

Quote from: Zanza on May 19, 2016, 01:35:30 PM
Daniel Craig was offered 68 million British pound to play Bond in two more films, but declined.

Mono goes into logic loop meltdown.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

He's barely done anything besides Bond this decade, the whole process of doing those films is extremely long. He's probably filthy rich already and fancies exploring other stuff before he gets too old to be a Hollywood leading man.

Admiral Yi

I'm surprised the franchise is doing well enough to write that kind of check.

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 19, 2016, 02:56:54 PM
I'm surprised the franchise is doing well enough to write that kind of check.

Spectre only turned a small profit, but Skyfall was a money printing machine.

Eddie Teach

Skyfall was awful, don't care how much it made.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

This dude should be next next one pegged.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Malthus

Quote from: 11B4V on May 19, 2016, 03:09:07 PM

Didn't know you were into pegging.

:P

11B4V

Quote from: Malthus on May 19, 2016, 03:10:19 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 19, 2016, 03:09:07 PM

Didn't know you were into pegging.

:P

pegged for Bond. Get your mind right. This is James Bond were talking about.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".