News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Canadian Netflix is so much better than Danish Netflix. The Last Kingdom looks to be pretty good, the first episode was filled with excellent Danish actors.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Malthus

Quote from: Liep on January 19, 2016, 05:45:17 PM
Canadian Netflix is so much better than Danish Netflix. The Last Kingdom looks to be pretty good, the first episode was filled with excellent Danish actors.

I'm watching that too! It's really quite good.  :)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

MadImmortalMan

Do kids right now know who Mickey Mouse is? He hasn't been in a film for like fifteen years.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

He's been in lots of Disney commercials though.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 19, 2016, 07:26:08 PM
Do kids right now know who Mickey Mouse is? He hasn't been in a film for like fifteen years.

Disney Jr channel runs Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  My kids know who Mickey is from there.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

dps

Quote from: Barrister on January 19, 2016, 08:15:57 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 19, 2016, 07:26:08 PM

Disney Jr channel runs Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  My kids know who Mickey is from there.

Yeah, Mickey Mouse has been primarily know through TV for a long time, certainly since before I was even born. 

Offhand, the only movies I can think of that he's been in are Steamboat Willie, Fantasia, and Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

celedhring

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on January 20, 2016, 05:15:02 AM
Suicide Squad looks really fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmRih_VtVAs

I think that's the first time in a LONG while that I look forward to a DC Comics movie.

I hear there's a petition from a former Marvel writer to make Deadpool rated PG-13. Which has prompted a counter-petition to make the movie X-Rated. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Yeah Suicide Squad looks 1000x better than Batman v Superman.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

celedhring

Episode VIII delayed to December 2017   :mad:

Barrister

Quote from: celedhring on January 20, 2016, 02:44:46 PM

I've seen nothing to confirm this.  Apparently shooting was delayed 1 month due to rewrites, but no change in release date.

Liep

:mad:

That spin off better be good.

celedhring

Quote from: Barrister on January 20, 2016, 02:52:08 PM

I've seen nothing to confirm this.  Apparently shooting was delayed 1 month due to rewrites, but no change in release date.

Straight from the official site:

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-viii-to-open-december-15-2017

Barrister

Quote from: celedhring on January 20, 2016, 02:54:02 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 20, 2016, 02:52:08 PM

Straight from the official site:

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-viii-to-open-december-15-2017

:(  Too new for even google to pick up I guess.

Maybe they just figured that since they did such huge business with a December release before, they should stick with it?