News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

I was going to take Timmy to a Sunday matinee - but holy shit did I realize we have lots to do to get ready for Christmas...

Not sure what I'm going to do now...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

PRC

Quote from: Barrister on December 15, 2015, 01:26:39 PM
I was going to take Timmy to a Sunday matinee - but holy shit did I realize we have lots to do to get ready for Christmas...

How old is Timmy again?  I'm thinking about taking my 3.5 year old son to it but i'm worried it will be a little too much for him.  It's rated PG-13.

celedhring

I have tickets for 3 screenings throughout the weekend - with two groups of friends on Friday and with family on Saturday. I hope it isn't like when I bought 3 advance tickets for Attack of the Clones and hated it on first viewing.

Malthus

Quote from: celedhring on December 15, 2015, 01:29:31 PM
I have tickets for 3 screenings throughout the weekend - with two groups of friends on Friday and with family on Saturday. I hope it isn't like when I bought 3 advance tickets for Attack of the Clones and hated it on first viewing.

Woah. I can't think of any movie I've ever watched three times in a row.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: PRC on December 15, 2015, 01:28:28 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 15, 2015, 01:26:39 PM

How old is Timmy again?  I'm thinking about taking my 3.5 year old son to it but i'm worried it will be a little too much for him.  It's rated PG-13.

Timmy is 5.5.

Not taking my 3.5 year old not because it'll be too much, but I don't think he'll have the attention span for it.

katmai

Quote from: Malthus on December 15, 2015, 01:31:07 PM

Saw Ghostbusters 3 times in weekend when it first came out.

Barrister

Mrs B saw Titanic multiple times, but yeah I can't think of any movie I've seen multiple times in the theatre.  And buying multiple tickets sight unseen is a true act of faith.

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on December 15, 2015, 01:32:13 PM

Lies!  There is no Ghostbusters 3. :mad:

celedhring

I saw The Phantom Menace 5 times when it came out. There, I said it.  :Embarrass:

katmai

Quote from: celedhring on December 15, 2015, 01:35:55 PM
I saw The Phantom Menace 5 times when it came out. There, I said it.  :Embarrass:
I saw it three times (of course two were tech screenings of the prints...guess they don't have to do that anymore :P)

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on December 15, 2015, 01:35:09 PM
Quote from: katmai on December 15, 2015, 01:32:13 PM

Lies!  There is no Ghostbusters 3. :mad:
Guess it didn't come out in Canada :console:

Barrister

TPM wasn't terrible.  I remember I liked it on first viewing, though even then Jar Jar and midichlorines got a big :rolleyes: from me.  The fact it was the first Star Wars movie in 15+ years had something to do with it.

The trouble with it is the seeming pointlessness of it.  It doesn't really add much to the story, and characters like Qui-Gon and Darth Maul are never heard from again.

Malthus

Just couldn't get enough Jar Jar?  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on December 15, 2015, 01:42:30 PM

TPM wasn't terrible.  I remember I liked it on first viewing, though even then Jar Jar and midichlorines got a big :rolleyes: from me.  The fact it was the first Star Wars movie in 15+ years had something to do with it.

The trouble with it is the seeming pointlessness of it.  It doesn't really add much to the story, and characters like Qui-Gon and Darth Maul are never heard from again.

Heh, one fan suggested seeing them in the so-called "Machete Order" of IV, V, II, III, VI. :

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

It removes Ep. I, not because it is bad, but because it is unnecessary.