News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I watched the second episode of Black Mirror.
That was really cool.
A science fiction, set in some world of over the top constant exposure to low grade media.
Its very well done, I suggest people watch it, don't want to spoil it too much.
██████
██████
██████

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 22, 2011, 04:58:18 PM
Quote from: Josephus on December 22, 2011, 09:42:08 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 21, 2011, 09:41:00 PM
I would hated being stuck with her in that bunker in that terminator movie.
I could think of a lot worse people to be stuck in a bunker with.
I can't.
Martinus?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

So long as you keep your boots on, you should be safe from Martinus.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on December 22, 2011, 08:26:26 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 22, 2011, 04:58:18 PM
Quote from: Josephus on December 22, 2011, 09:42:08 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 21, 2011, 09:41:00 PM
I would hated being stuck with her in that bunker in that terminator movie.
I could think of a lot worse people to be stuck in a bunker with.
I can't.
Martinus?

Strangled the 1st day.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster.  Probably the most visually interesting of the Godzilla films.  There are some visual metaphors which, while obvious, are still really clever and well-realized: the seas choked with a disgusting scum, a dismembered mannequin and still-functioning grandather clock ticking away, each floating in the pile of trash and dead fish.

Of course, there's the part where Godzilla flies using his fire breath as a crude rocket, but let's try not to hold that against it.  Hedorah (the Smog Monster) is pretty cool looking, and probably fucks Godzilla up worse than any other opponent I can think offhand (he burns one of his eyes out with acid!).

If whole film is a metaphor, I think the message of the movie is that only nuclear war can defeat humanity's impact on the environment.

Pretty dark!
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

:lol:

Awesome.

Well, to contribute--

Downton Abbey. I would say what it's about but I don't know. I'm too distracted by the cripplingly bad American accent being attempted by the Duke's wife. It's really not that hard, is it? If I can pass for an Irishman in Dublin, a professional BBC actress can pass for a colonist...Right?   

:bleeding:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

BuddhaRhubarb

Apollo 18 was not nearly so crappy as I was led to believe. I kind of enjoyed it. Loved the dorky looking Soviet Lander. Holy Steampunk Ivan!  clever in some ways that I wasn't expecting. Still it was no Moon. but a fun "jump cut scare" movie. worth the rental... In fact I think most security cam movies like this work better on a small screen. more natural seeming.

7.4466 giant leaps into scary craters outta 10
:p

Admiral Yi

Saw the Everything's Good in America scene from West Side Story last.  Dance usually bores me to tears but there's something about that scene that really gets me going.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Anyone seen the trailer on "Prometheus"?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

I watched a Brit film called Outpost.  It had Nazi ghosts or something.  Film might have been better if I could understand what all British characters were saying.  I understood the Faux Russian better then the weird Brit accents.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on December 24, 2011, 04:02:10 PM
Anyone seen the trailer on "Prometheus"?

Yeah, I'm incredibly intrigued.  But it totally smacked of the original Alien.  Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Sheilbh

The Duke's wife is played by an American :lol:

Maybe she's trying a sort-of old school Mid-Atlantic accent.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

How do you Pomegranates feel about Thatcher being played by a Yank?

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!