TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

I'm disappointed that Brody isn't dead.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

I only saw two episodes of Homeland.  Last one I saw had the sargeant embracing the one true faith of the prophet.  How did that play out?  A red herring?  He's a muslim but not a mole?

NO SPOILER NO SPOILER

And I don't get the Claire Danes love. 

Drakken

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 21, 2011, 01:22:40 PM
I'm disappointed that Brody isn't dead.

I'm disappointed that Adrian Brody isn't dead.

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 21, 2011, 01:26:21 PM
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

I only saw two episodes of Homeland.  Last one I saw had the sargeant embracing the one true faith of the prophet.  How did that play out?  A red herring?  He's a muslim but not a mole?

NO SPOILER NO SPOILER

I am male. I lust for all reasonably healthy looking female. Reasonably healthy looking females with talent come to my attention much more often through the media than reasonably healthy looking females with no talent.

In addition to that the character that the actress Claire Danes portrays is often confused mixed up with the person Claire Danes. This leads to the problem that an emotional bond is formed between the "fan" and the character that Claire Danes portrays while Claire Danes is obviously (though I have a need to take her to an all she can eat buffet and make sure she doesn't get the vomit it all up before digesting it) is a reasonably healthy looking female which his then endowed with the features of the character she portrays, all the characters she has portrayed.

So, basically people have fallen in love the with characters that Caire Danes portrays which look like reasonably healthy looking females.

.... though.. the way Miss Danes portrays Carrie Matheson suggests that Carrie Matheson is NOT a reasonably healthy decent looking female.

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on December 21, 2011, 01:53:22 PM
In addition to that the character that the actress Claire Danes portrays is often confused mixed up with the person Claire Danes.

:homestar:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Zoupa

Quote from: Viking on December 21, 2011, 01:53:22 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 21, 2011, 01:26:21 PM
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

NO SPOILER NO SPOILER

I am male. I lust for all reasonably healthy looking female. Reasonably healthy looking females with talent come to my attention much more often through the media than reasonably healthy looking females with no talent.

In addition to that the character that the actress Claire Danes portrays is often confused mixed up with the person Claire Danes. This leads to the problem that an emotional bond is formed between the "fan" and the character that Claire Danes portrays while Claire Danes is obviously (though I have a need to take her to an all she can eat buffet and make sure she doesn't get the vomit it all up before digesting it) is a reasonably healthy looking female which his then endowed with the features of the character she portrays, all the characters she has portrayed.

So, basically people have fallen in love the with characters that Caire Danes portrays which look like reasonably healthy looking females.

.... though.. the way Miss Danes portrays Carrie Matheson suggests that Carrie Matheson is NOT a reasonably healthy decent looking female.

Wtf.

I just find her hot. Killer ass.

Eddie Teach

I haven't seen this show, but in ones I have seen Danes' characters always have an adorableness above and beyond her looks.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Meh, Claire Danes.  Definitely not in the Top 20.  Or 50.

Ed Anger

I would hated being stuck with her in that bunker in that terminator movie.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 21, 2011, 09:41:00 PM

I could hold out for a few years.

Ed Anger

I would have beaten her with VHS tapes of My So Called Life.

Josephus

I could think of a lot worse people to be stuck in a bunker with.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Octavian

Saw It's a wonderful life for the first time today. Because of various references to it in movies, television shows etc. I more or less knew the plot and ending. Still it was a fine movie and I enjoyed it very much.

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: Josephus on December 22, 2011, 09:42:08 AM

I could think of a lot worse people to be stuck in a bunker with.

I can't.