Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Liep on December 17, 2011, 06:55:03 PM
Quote from: Scipio on December 17, 2011, 04:04:09 AM
Once Upon A Time.  Not bad.

I'd like to correct this post, it shouldn't have the word 'not' in it.

Watched the first few episodes and didn't find it compelling enough to continue.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

BuddhaRhubarb

I've been liking Grimm. It's just as ludicrous as any of these other Fables ripoffs, really... but they show admirable restraint on the backstory stuff. well timed tidbits usually dropped in smartly as part of whatever crime is being investigated. and good chemistry with the leads. I don't know that it will have legs though for more than a season pr two. Good episodes so far but not a "wow" episode yet.

:p

Syt

Trailer for Expandables 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_GbTHhRa0U

Stallone, Willis, Schwarzenegger, Statham, Lundgren, Li, Norris, Van Damme? Hells, yeah!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Are Willis and Schwarzenegger actually gonna be in this one?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 18, 2011, 01:58:21 AM
Are Willis and Schwarzenegger actually gonna be in this one?

I'm guessing cameos (same with Norris and Van Damme), but I prefer a good cameo over a badly written bigger part.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: Drakken on December 16, 2011, 08:04:05 AM
Quote from: Tyr on December 16, 2011, 12:42:39 AM
A charlie brown christmas - god this thing is dreary. i really need to find something better to show the classes that are ahead next week

How the Grinch stole Christmas?
Never really cared for that one I must say.

Today when out shopping for christmas presents (a failure incidentally) I spotted something and it was decided, the best kids christmas film ever: Home Alone
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

Dexter-
I can't help but think...the Noah's Ark pageant
thing at the religous playschool....
That is just wrong- the parents and kids as the
animals going in two by two....Everyone knows
why they said two of every animal, right?

Anyway. Nice setup for the next series.
Weird it took them all series to get to this though.
It already looked liked they were headng
this way at the end of the last one but they
chickened out.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

This was probably the worst of the Dexter series, the last minute not withstanding. It seemed to lack focus.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

Quote from: Josephus on December 20, 2011, 09:56:18 AM
This was probably the worst of the Dexter series, the last minute not withstanding. It seemed to lack focus.

Debs lust for Dexter is freaky. But she figures out that he is a serial killer in the first book.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on December 18, 2011, 01:54:42 AM
Trailer for Expandables 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_GbTHhRa0U

Stallone, Willis, Schwarzenegger, Statham, Lundgren, Li, Norris, Van Damme? Hells, yeah!

I guess Seagal is too fat for a small part (no pun intended).

Kleves

Quote from: Josephus on December 11, 2011, 10:57:44 PM
Boardwalk Empire Season finale. Didn't see that coming.
Incidently, Margaret has become a complete bitch.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Josephus

Quote from: Kleves on December 20, 2011, 10:47:09 AM
Quote from: Josephus on December 11, 2011, 10:57:44 PM
Boardwalk Empire Season finale. Didn't see that coming.
Incidently, Margaret has become a complete bitch.

Yeah, if I was Nuckie I'd have her whacked.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josephus on December 20, 2011, 11:15:51 AM
Yeah, if I was Nuckie I'd have her whacked.

Think of who Nuckie's whacker is. :contract:

Josephus