News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: viper37 on June 12, 2015, 09:39:48 AM
Dark Matter tonight, new sci-fi series on Sci-Fi and Space! for Canadians.  The trailer does not look promising, but I will watch and see.

I'm planning on watching this. I thought the trailer looked pretty good though, kind of a thriller sci-fi.

Ed Anger

Is Paris Burning?

Too long, but dead nazis make up for it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

lustindarkness

Jurasic World, good. And I think they used real dinosaurs.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Not really impressed by Dark Matters.  Solid B-series so far.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Queequeg

OitnB.  Still boring.  Still deeply mediocre. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 11, 2015, 09:55:56 PM
Anyone been watching Wayward Pines? [spoiler]Was not expecting the Foundation angle, at all.[/spoiler]

I read the book about a year ago when I got it free on my Kindle.  Never saw the show.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zanza

Quote from: Queequeg on June 13, 2015, 10:43:05 AM
Watched some episodes. There doesn't seem to be any overarching story arc at all this season.

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on June 13, 2015, 10:43:05 AM

I don't understand. Why would you still watch something if you dislike it?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

It is spellus, who knows why he does anything.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

I haven't watched since season 1, but I can kind of understand. It's something fancy people watch and talk about and give awards to.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

Dark Matter was spectacularly mediocre.

It is like they very intentionally set out to rip off Firefly.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Josquius

A firefly ripoff? :w00t:
Better look that one up
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Sometimes it's fun to re-visit TV shows. Watched the first two episodes of Band of Brothers again. In the second episode, Pvt Hall from Able Co. suddenly looked familiar. "Oh, hi Moriarty!" :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Oh! That's where I knew him from!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.