News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Gups on December 11, 2014, 12:19:46 PM
Anyone else watching Transparent, an Amazon produced show? I'm quite taken by it

Yes, I got my mother and stepfather to watch it to. I had seen in when it was just the pilot - was pleased to see it picked up for a season and then after reception this fall, picked up for another season. :)

It is one of the few shows where I have a strong dislike for many of the characters but like it / think the characters work well.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: 11B4V on December 10, 2014, 08:02:21 PM
Guardians of the Galaxy: Fucking stupid

Proof that there is one in every crowd. :P

11B4V

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 11, 2014, 05:11:14 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 10, 2014, 08:02:21 PM
Guardians of the Galaxy: Fucking stupid

Proof that there is one in every crowd. :P

I was really looking forward to it based on the reviews. Just didnt work for me.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Martinus

Guardians of the Galaxy was possibly the most entertaining film I saw in 2014.

Josephus

So apparently the chick who[[spoiler]played[/spoiler] Beth on Walking Dead is a singer and has a couple EPs out.

ET online has her latest song. It's pretty awful.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/09/emily-kinney-walking-dead-rockstar-music-video/
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on December 11, 2014, 05:38:43 PM
ET online has her latest song. It's pretty awful.

Merely mediocre. Too bad for her. If it was a train wreck, it'd probably go viral.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Yeah, it's not bad enough to be really bad is it.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

Lego.  Good, but not as good as i was led to believe.  B/B+.

Ideologue

Finally watched one my Netflix rentals, Ernst Lubitsch's Ninotchka.  Really just superb.

See, you guys make fun when I buy movies, but when I keep them for like 30 or 40 days, I'm technically paying like $20 for them already. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

You think that's bad. I've had Red Beard sitting on my desk for almost a year.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

:lol:

Hey, it is three hours long, and not even about samurais.  I've been meaning to watch Ikiru as well as Red Beard, but luckily they're on Hulu Plus.

Now, Bob le Flambeur isn't, and that's been sitting in my house for maybe... 70 days?  What's worse is that I know they don't have a lot of copies of it, so I'm probably dicking some French movie enthusiast out of his disc. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 12, 2014, 01:50:02 AM

You didn't like it when Lord Business [spoiler]didn't win. :P [/spoiler]
Kinemalogue

celedhring

Quote from: Ideologue on December 12, 2014, 02:23:37 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 12, 2014, 01:50:02 AM

You didn't like it when Lord Business [spoiler]didn't win. :P [/spoiler]

I was amused by the fact they dropped the "Business" from the baddie's name in the Spanish version of the film.

I liked the film, but wasn't as crazy about it as most people. I think it tries too hard sometimes.

Ideologue

That was my problem with the ending, but I let it go.  I haven't seen all of them, but it's gotta be the best animated feature since Tangled.
Kinemalogue