And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on August 24, 2014, 07:55:23 AM
Quote from: Tyr on August 24, 2014, 07:17:59 AM
I've been watching a Swedish comedy series called "Welcome to Sweden".
It is very good. Most of it is in English. About an American guy who moves to Sweden to be with his much more attractive girlfriend. American is surprised at normal things in Sweden. General comedy stuff happens. Hilarity ensues.

Is it the swedish "Lilyhammer"?

No.  Totally different.

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 24, 2014, 07:50:19 AM
You people annoy me to no end.  And IKEA has shitty ass parking.

What do you mean "you people"? Oh, Swedes. Right.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on August 23, 2014, 09:33:07 PM
I saw Snowpiercer on my Kindle.  I never could get past how silly the whole premise is.  A silly premise is okay, but it's taken very seriously and driven by tortured metaphor.  It reminds a bit of the Matrix which has a silly concept but was okay because mostly an action movie about neat special effects.  The sequels focused on the silly concept and stupid metaphors and were not nearly so good.

Is this the one about a train in a post-nuclear winter or some shit? I saw it this morning in a bargain bin in a media store here but decided against buying it as it looked shitty.

Martinus

Speaking of failed social metaphores, tried watching "Elysium" last night. It was an interesting premise, but everybody who was rich was so evil and one-dimensional, it bored me about 30 minutes in.

FunkMonk

Starting watching Parks and Rec. Why haven't I been watching this show already?  :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring

I saw Snowpiercer in a cinema close to a subway line. The tremor of a train running every 5 minutes added to the experience.

I think it's awesome; I personally greatly enjoy these Asian directors that take silly storylines SO SERIOUSLY, we just can't do that in the West and get away with it.

celedhring

13th Warrior on the telly - one of these flicks where for some reason I stand against the majority of mankind; I think it's a great adventure yarn.

The Brain

Quote from: celedhring on August 24, 2014, 10:15:33 AM
13th Warrior on the telly - one of these flicks where for some reason I stand against the majority of mankind; I think it's a great adventure yarn.

It sucks AIDS ass, but it is of course magnitudes better than Valhalla Rising.

Queequeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxpkEehUd88

Essential viewing for Mad Men fans.  One of my favorite YouTube videos I've seen in a while.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ideologue

It is very good. Most of it is in English. About an American guy who moves to Sweden to be with his much more attractive girlfriend. American is surprised at normal things in Sweden. General comedy stuff happens. Hilarity ensues.

"People have jobs, useful educations, and aren't walking through living deaths?  WTF is this shit?"
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Quote from: Ideologue on August 24, 2014, 01:03:39 PM

"People have jobs, useful educations, and aren't walking through living deaths?  WTF is this shit?"

I would welcome you to Sweden. :)

Eddie Teach

The Punisher(2004). Cheesy but enjoyable.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Larch

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 24, 2014, 09:37:08 AM
Starting watching Parks and Rec. Why haven't I been watching this show already?  :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

It's amazing and Ron Swanson is an American treasure.

Ideologue

Quote from: The Brain on August 24, 2014, 01:59:01 PM

I would welcome you to Sweden. :)
:hug:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

Unemployment is pretty crappy in Sweden.
██████
██████
██████