News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

And yes, I do know I used the word "actually" three times in a single sentence.  I fixed it. -_-
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Started watching 'The Ipcress File' last night, it's stood the test of time well, rather like the mid-60s polluted drabness of London and it's architecture.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Scipio

Brooklyn 99- pretty damn good.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

mongers

Quick question 'Lara Croft: Tomb Raider' worth watching ? :unsure:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Ed Anger

I saved a soul tonight from bad moviemaking.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Ain't that the truth.

Ide's Review: B+

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Liep

The new Sunny's examination of why they haven't been up for any awards and their ridicule of the winners are just excellent.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josephus

what happened to Lara Croft's boobs? :huh:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on September 20, 2013, 08:50:18 AM
what happened to Lara Croft's boobs? :huh:

I thought the point was that Lara Croft's boobs has been huge since time immemorial, and thus the movie would, of course, be worthwhile. But then again, I stopped watching Family Guy because I thought they went overboard with the non-sequiturs and references.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk