And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on August 10, 2013, 09:31:12 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 10, 2013, 09:27:17 PM
All Pixar movies are from the same universe. I read that somewhere, dude researched the hell out of it too.

How can that be?  In Cars there are very clearly no people or animals.

Who builds the cars?

Do the cars reproduce on their own? :grr:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

They do have romantic entanglements.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

They are sentients, they build themselves. The AI of Wall-E is the precursor.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Barrister on August 10, 2013, 09:24:05 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 10, 2013, 09:14:57 PM
I want to know if there's a talking B-29.

A WWII F4U Corsair was a major supporting character (voiced by Stacey Keach).

So the movie explicitly states that in the world of Cars there was a WWII.  So does that mean there was an automotive Hitler? :huh:

Ideologue

Quote from: katmai on August 10, 2013, 07:28:08 PM
2 Guns-
Reminded me of something Tony Scott would have made.
Enjoyable time killer with Eddie James Olmos and Bill Paxton as the heavies to Denzel and Marky Mark's heroes.

I dunno.  Hiring Tony Scott probably would have made the movie less lifeless.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on August 10, 2013, 09:32:03 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 10, 2013, 09:31:12 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 10, 2013, 09:27:17 PM
All Pixar movies are from the same universe. I read that somewhere, dude researched the hell out of it too.

How can that be?  In Cars there are very clearly no people or animals.

Who builds the cars?

Do the cars reproduce on their own? :grr:

From Planes, there is one scene where a Mexican plane and a French-Canadian plane finally 'hook up', and the Mexican plane is shown covered in lipstick marks.

But on the other hand, one of the 'themes' of the movie is that the hero, Dusty Crophopper, can be more than just what he was built to be (in his case, a racer instead of a crop duster).

The cosmology of the Cars/Planes universe is more than a little muddled.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

If mommy plane and daddy plane love each other very much, they go and buy a model kit.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on August 10, 2013, 11:52:08 PM
If mommy plane and daddy plane love each other very much, they go and buy a model kit.

At 8, my parents gave me a book about sex that said imagine your parents naked. I'm now a homosexual. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadBurgerMaker

Hell on Wheels is back. 

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on August 11, 2013, 12:16:30 AM

At 8, my parents gave me a book about sex that said imagine your parents naked. I'm now a homosexual. -_-
:lmfao:
Kinemalogue

dps

Surprised it didn't make you completely celibate and asexual.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Viking

sooo... a big NO on progressive parenting then. Check.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Darth Wagtaros

Remember Sledge Hammer? That was a great show.

Been watching The Critic. Another good one.

TLC and Discovery CHannel are increasingly crap.
PDH!