News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 10, 2013, 06:51:52 PM
Maggie Gyllgenhall looked like a bucket of hell in that Batman movie, but pretty good here.

Is it actually possible for her face to contort itself into something beautiful?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on August 10, 2013, 07:47:13 PM
Is it actually possible for her face to contort itself into something beautiful?

Not sure I would call her beautiful.  Interesting to look at, not repulsive, some high points like lovely eyes and a great figure.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Went and saw Planes. Very blah, but Timmy seemed to like it. It was his first time at a movie theatre.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on August 10, 2013, 08:37:03 PM
Went and saw Planes. Very blah, but Timmy seemed to like it. It was his first time at a movie theatre.

Would I like Planes? :hmm:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 10, 2013, 07:50:08 PM

Not sure I would call her beautiful.  Interesting to look at, not repulsive, some high points like lovely eyes and a great figure.

Yeah, there's definitely something about her that makes stuff all tingly.  Not uberhot, not totally unattractive.  She looked good in Stranger Than Fiction.

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on August 10, 2013, 08:48:38 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 10, 2013, 08:37:03 PM

Would I like Planes? :hmm:

Are you three years old?

Ideologue

I want to know if there's a talking B-29.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 10, 2013, 09:10:24 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 10, 2013, 07:50:08 PM

Yeah, there's definitely something about her that makes stuff all tingly.  Not uberhot, not totally unattractive.  She looked good in Stranger Than Fiction.

You may enjoy Secretary.
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on August 10, 2013, 09:14:57 PM

A WWII F4U Corsair was a major supporting character (voiced by Stacey Keach).

So the movie explicitly states that in the world of Cars there was a WWII.  So does that mean there was an automotive Hitler? :huh:

Grey Fox

All Pixar movies are from the same universe. I read that somewhere, dude researched the hell out of it too.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 10, 2013, 09:22:42 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 10, 2013, 09:17:11 PM
You may enjoy Secretary.

I fapped. Verily.

I've always found Gyllenhaal to be a pretty lady.  Not drop-dead gorgeous, but more than sufficient--at least 170%.
Kinemalogue

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 10, 2013, 09:27:17 PM
All Pixar movies are from the same universe. I read that somewhere, dude researched the hell out of it too.

How can that be?  In Cars there are very clearly no people or animals.

Plus, and I found this instructive, Planes is a Disney movie, not a Pixar movie.

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on August 10, 2013, 09:24:05 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 10, 2013, 09:14:57 PM

A WWII F4U Corsair was a major supporting character (voiced by Stacey Keach).

Whoa.

QuoteSo the movie explicitly states that in the world of Cars there was a WWII.  So does that mean there was an automotive Hitler? :huh:

Tanks.  Starring Max von Sydow as "Panther."
Kinemalogue