Can someone please tell me why I'm watching The Running Man?  LOL

You're avoiding putting up some draps/ any other household task*

* exempting putting out the garbage. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

Quote from: lustindarkness on July 30, 2013, 07:41:30 PM
Can someone please tell me why I'm watching The Running Man?  LOL

I don't do requests...

But seriously, the Running Man is one of Ahnulds great "bad" movies.

And MCA is HOTT in this one.

Josephus

Anyone watch/watching The Fall with Gillian Anderson? She'll always be Scully to me.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

MadBurgerMaker

Major Payne is on right now.  ONE TUBBY TUBBY   :D

Quote from: Josephus on July 30, 2013, 08:31:51 PM
Anyone watch/watching The Fall with Gillian Anderson? She'll always be Scully to me.

Yeah, watched that on Netflix a few weeks ago.  I liked it. 

CountDeMoney

I thought she did great in Hannibal;  didn't even recognize her at first.

Josephus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 30, 2013, 09:23:21 PM

She hasn't changed very much.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Vera Drake, sweet hearted English home abortionist in the 1950's.  Very sad story.

Queequeg

Quote from: Josephus on July 30, 2013, 09:34:07 PM

She hasn't changed very much.
Damn right.  That woman has some impressive combination of skillful plastic surgery and awesome genes. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ideologue

Still wanna know how a B+ is a pan, Spells.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Btw, dude, if you want the two Kurosawa Sanjuro movies on BD at a decent price, which I do, B+N is selling the two-disc set for $35. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

I just saw her in Shadow Dancer. Good flick. She was a blonde.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

frunk

Finally watched Upstream Color.  Much like Primer it makes a single unusual change in the world and lets it play out in weird ways.  Unlike Primer the consequences are a lot easier to follow, what with not involving time travel.  I could describe it, but why take away the fun. 

It's on Netflix Instant, definitely worth checking out.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 31, 2013, 12:14:27 AM
Vera Drake, sweet hearted English home abortionist in the 1950's.  Very sad story.
Great, great film by Mike Leigh.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Quote from: frunk on July 31, 2013, 11:19:16 AM
Finally watched Upstream Color.  Much like Primer it makes a single unusual change in the world and lets it play out in weird ways.  Unlike Primer the consequences are a lot easier to follow, what with not involving time travel.  I could describe it, but why take away the fun. 

It's on Netflix Instant, definitely worth checking out.

I liked it too, but found it far more difficult to get into than Primer, because even though Upstream Color about a vastly different subject matter and themes, Carruth went ahead and made Primer again.  Critics were quick to jump to its defense as "challenging" without understanding how it's challenging.  It's not intellectually challenging, it's aesthetically challenging you to try to connect with these characters, pitting your natural empathy against vignettish editing and the emotional distance Carruth maintains from his characters (despite being one of his characters) at all times.

But yeah, totes recommended nonetheless.
Kinemalogue