News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Confederate history month in Virginia

Started by viper37, April 07, 2010, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

That would have made the the middle east very uninteresting to Americans then since the area had very little money at the time.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Siege on April 11, 2010, 01:11:51 PM
So, if those southerner bitches were to rebell, would the US Army be called in to quell the rebellion?

That's less likely to happen now than war with Israel.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on April 09, 2010, 10:59:58 AM
Jon Stewart had a rather amusing skit on this:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-april-8-2010/virginia-s-confederate-history-month---griffin-mascot
I guess some people will enjoy the commemorative chess board. :lol:

Looks nice, but are they: cast in fine pewter??  :yeahright:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

John Stewart finally made a funny. Shocking.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Stewart is funniest when making fun of Glenn Beck.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Surely he's funniest when he holds up a newspaper headline and makes a funny face at the camera.

Razgovory

It's okay.  Bush isn't president anymore.  You are allowed to laugh at political humor again.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

Is he making funnier faces these days or are the headlines better?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 12, 2010, 07:44:15 PM
Is he making funnier faces these days or are the headlines better?

Irrelevant.  Reality has no bearing on this.  The order came down from the GOP.  Also protests are no longer for malcontents who hate the US and layabouts who can't get real jobs.  It's now for honest Americans who are deeply concerned about the direction of the US.

Ed Anger

Jews aren't funny. Look at Jackie Mason.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Lettow77

Mississippi does not need to "issue" its own confederate history month- There has been one for quite some time in Mississippi.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."