News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehrie

I'm willing to give a gift of a couple mercs. I'm not willing to give a card for Cloth play. My turn is inc shortly. I don't have my board handy so I can't send an update, but I know what I want to do.

ehrie

England: Message
DOW Scotland. French get a free DOW if they want one.

4/5 Build 4 Mercs in Henry's Army.
5/5 Henry and his stack beseige the Scottish Capital.

ulmont

Tamas is up...Tamas, if you wouldn't mind rolling ehrie's move into your board update?

Berkut

Quote from: ehrie on April 15, 2009, 07:27:39 AM
I'm willing to give a gift of a couple mercs. I'm not willing to give a card for Cloth play. My turn is inc shortly. I don't have my board handy so I can't send an update, but I know what I want to do.

So you won't give a card for a card, but instead insist that you give less than a card for a card?

Why would I agree to that?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ehrie

Quote from: Berkut on April 15, 2009, 07:55:39 AM

So you won't give a card for a card, but instead insist that you give less than a card for a card?

Because you're already getting something from the card play itself and getting something from another player.

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on April 15, 2009, 01:28:01 AM
The Ottomans don't plan on anything major until the Protestants are moderately well-contained.

I dunno if you noticed, but I converted 1 lousy space last impulse.  At this rate I will win sometime after everyone else.

Delirium

I'd be crying along with you if that hadn't been your thirteenth space, first round, turn 1.  :rolleyes:
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

Quote from: ehrie on April 15, 2009, 08:27:23 AM
Quote from: Berkut on April 15, 2009, 07:55:39 AM

Because you're already getting something from the card play itself and getting something from another player.

The other player has offered me a card two turns from now. Not a bad counter proposal really, but I am not giving up a card right now for a card two turns from now.

I would give up the card now in return for a card from you next turn, and a card from the Hapsburgs the turn after. That would be reasonable. Or you two could argue about the order.

But I won't give England an advantage for nothing. I will be happy to simply take the 3 CPs and use them to take Florence.

0 rows returned

Delirium

I suggest we pause the negotiations while we wait for French activities this turn, I think they could affect the deal in your favour.

And I think you would be right in demanding something from the English.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Tamas

Listen, I agree that there will be no battle between Habsburg and France forces this turn, but only on the condition of the Papacy leaving me, and especially Milan, alone.

Berkut

You think the Pope is going to attack Milan?

Uhhh, no.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Delirium on April 15, 2009, 08:48:19 AM
I suggest we pause the negotiations while we wait for French activities this turn, I think they could affect the deal in your favour.

And I think you would be right in demanding something from the English.

OK, so where does this leave us?

0 rows returned

Tamas

Well I wanted to be sure there won't be any backdoor sneak attack if I make truce with the Chin.

So I consider the truce to be in effect.

In other news, I am letting Scotland fall. I sent out an explorer, built a fleet, and moved the French fleet out to the Channel in a purely defensive manner.

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on April 15, 2009, 10:34:37 AM

It leaves you up, and with the 100% conviction that the Hapsburgs and the English do not want to pay you what it's worth to play cloth prices fluctuate as an event.

Berkut

Quote from: ulmont on April 15, 2009, 10:49:34 AM
Quote from: Berkut on April 15, 2009, 10:34:37 AM

It leaves you up, and with the 100% conviction that the Hapsburgs and the English do not want to pay you what it's worth to play cloth prices fluctuate as an event.

Well, that isn't the case, now is it? Seeing as Del just said that the deal with France may change his mind?

0 rows returned