Why is Madonna getting so much hate for chain-adopting?

Started by Martinus, April 07, 2009, 12:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Actually, what Madonna brings home is more like a black, live Tamaguchi.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on April 07, 2009, 02:48:07 PM
Aww, so she IS a porker? I'm sorry. :(
Actually, my wife is rather lovely.  I just assumed you were indulging in Grallonesque misogyny (women=pigs).
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Better question.  Why is Madonna always defended by gays.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on April 07, 2009, 03:08:29 PM
Better question.  Why is Madonna always defended by gays.

Hasn't she gone out of her way to court their affection?  I know Cher has done so, and I assume that's one of the reasons they love her so much.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Korea

Quote from: Valmy on April 07, 2009, 12:44:14 PM
We are lucky she even performs for us!!  :cry:

Anyway who is hating on Madonna?  I have no idea what you are talking about.

It's all the rave in the tabloids.
I want my mother fucking points!

Korea

Quote from: Martinus on April 07, 2009, 12:45:08 PM
Well, I understand she went to Malawi wanting to adopt another kid, and she is getting flamed for that a lot. Plus, apparently local courts denied her the right to adopt some orphan because Madonna is "unfit to be a mother".  :rolleyes:

I thought it was because she was not a resident of Malawi for 2 months...:unsure:

Korea

Quote from: Martinus on April 07, 2009, 12:46:56 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 07, 2009, 12:45:25 PM
It's a stupid publicity stunt by a has-been whack-job who is looking more & more like Skeletor each day.  That's enough for me to oppose it.

On the plus side, maybe she'd teach him a nice fake British accent :D
See, you are an idiot. First of all, Madonna is hardly a has-been - she has been the "in now" for longer than anyone else.

And besides, even if she is doing this for publicity (I don't think she is - I think she is acting out of some sort of a sense of duty to humanity and whatnot), the kid is likely to have a better life than any alternative he or she could have had in her shitty country. Why not appreciate that?

Yeah, I wish Madonna would adopt me.  :cry:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Korea on April 07, 2009, 03:25:59 PM

I am looking to adopt. Would you call me daddy while wearing a schoolgirl outfit?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Korea

Quote from: Norgy on April 07, 2009, 01:47:22 PM
Quote from: Martinus on April 07, 2009, 12:41:57 PM
So she is a bit crazy. Ok, more than a bit crazy. But seriously. These kids live in like worst world shitholes, with most people having AIDS or dying of starvation or of some terrorist/rebels. These children have like one chance in a million to get a mother like Madonna - it's like winning a fucking lottery ticket.

So why are people all hating on her?

I think you may have described the reasons for the "hate". Some people find Madonna's adoptions morally questionable and less than good deeds. If Madonna really wanted to help, she wouldn't abduct little Mbombo Tmubmokekeke from his surroundings in Eastern Ebolaland, but rather invest heavily in his education and the social fabric around him in his native country.

Then again, all charity basically serves to make people feel good, and personally, I couldn't care less about Madonna's adoptions. However, for some people, the ones left behind are more important than little Mbombo who was SAVED by the grace of The Virgin-Like.

Well, supposedly she already donates ball loads of money to the Malawi orphanages.

Korea

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 07, 2009, 01:49:47 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 07, 2009, 01:44:14 PM
Who's Madonna?

Madonna doesn't cut herself, whine in her songs or dress totally in black clothes. Therefore, she is invisible to Gay Fox.
:lol:

Korea

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 07, 2009, 03:27:17 PM

I am looking to adopt. Would you call me daddy while wearing a schoolgirl outfit?

Sure thing, Daddy.  ;)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Korea on April 07, 2009, 03:31:03 PM

Sure thing, Daddy.  ;)

Call me Big Daddy. I'll be wearing a white suit and you can sit on my lap.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Korea

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 07, 2009, 03:32:24 PM
Quote from: Korea on April 07, 2009, 03:31:03 PM

Sure thing, Daddy.  ;)

Call me Big Daddy. I'll be wearing a white suit and you can sit on my lap.

:lol:

Colonel Sanders?

(that's the first image that popped in my head when you said you'd be in a white suit)

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Martinus on April 07, 2009, 12:46:56 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 07, 2009, 12:45:25 PM
It's a stupid publicity stunt by a has-been whack-job who is looking more & more like Skeletor each day.  That's enough for me to oppose it.

On the plus side, maybe she'd teach him a nice fake British accent :D
See, you are an idiot. First of all, Madonna is hardly a has-been - she has been the "in now" for longer than anyone else.

And besides, even if she is doing this for publicity (I don't think she is - I think she is acting out of some sort of a sense of duty to humanity and whatnot), the kid is likely to have a better life than any alternative he or she could have had in her shitty country. Why not appreciate that?
Sinatra and Mick Jaeger have been in longer.  So there.

Damn Poles.
PDH!