Why is Madonna getting so much hate for chain-adopting?

Started by Martinus, April 07, 2009, 12:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

So she is a bit crazy. Ok, more than a bit crazy. But seriously. These kids live in like worst world shitholes, with most people having AIDS or dying of starvation or of some terrorist/rebels. These children have like one chance in a million to get a mother like Madonna - it's like winning a fucking lottery ticket.

So why are people all hating on her?

LEAVE MADONNA ALONE!!!!!  :cry:

In other news, I just had a Martini. :P

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

We are lucky she even performs for us!!  :cry:

Anyway who is hating on Madonna?  I have no idea what you are talking about.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Well, I understand she went to Malawi wanting to adopt another kid, and she is getting flamed for that a lot. Plus, apparently local courts denied her the right to adopt some orphan because Madonna is "unfit to be a mother".  :rolleyes:

derspiess

It's a stupid publicity stunt by a has-been whack-job who is looking more & more like Skeletor each day.  That's enough for me to oppose it.

On the plus side, maybe she'd teach him a nice fake British accent :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on April 07, 2009, 12:44:14 PM

The Advocate found some guy in Buttholistan who smiled and nodded when they asked him if Madonna was a bad person for kiddie shopping in the 3rd world. :rolleyes:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on April 07, 2009, 12:45:25 PM
It's a stupid publicity stunt by a has-been whack-job who is looking more & more like Skeletor each day.  That's enough for me to oppose it.

On the plus side, maybe she'd teach him a nice fake British accent :D
See, you are an idiot. First of all, Madonna is hardly a has-been - she has been the "in now" for longer than anyone else.

And besides, even if she is doing this for publicity (I don't think she is - I think she is acting out of some sort of a sense of duty to humanity and whatnot), the kid is likely to have a better life than any alternative he or she could have had in her shitty country. Why not appreciate that?

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on April 07, 2009, 12:46:39 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 07, 2009, 12:44:14 PM

The Advocate found some guy in Buttholistan who smiled and nodded when they asked him if Madonna was a bad person for kiddie shopping in the 3rd world. :rolleyes:
Speaking of which, I wonder if I can make my Advocate subscription fee tax-deductible, claiming it as a professional expense. :unsure:

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on April 07, 2009, 12:46:56 PM
See, you are an idiot. First of all, Madonna is hardly a has-been - she has been the "in now" for longer than anyone else.
Remember:  Gays aren't everything.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Nickname Who Was Thursday

She's too old to be "in" as a pop star and her attempted transition to acting failed. She's a has-been.
The Erstwhile Eddie Teach

Tamas

Quote from: The Nickname Who Was Thursday on April 07, 2009, 01:14:36 PM

She's too old to be "in" as a pop star and her attempted transition to acting failed. She's a has-been.

:yes:

And adopting thirld world kids is the latest celebrity fashion, as very rightly parodied in the BrĂ¼no trailer.

Martinus

Quote from: Neil on April 07, 2009, 12:58:30 PM
Remember:  Gays aren't everything.
Gays are everything that counts.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

Quote from: Martinus on April 07, 2009, 12:41:57 PM
So she is a bit crazy. Ok, more than a bit crazy. But seriously. These kids live in like worst world shitholes, with most people having AIDS or dying of starvation or of some terrorist/rebels. These children have like one chance in a million to get a mother like Madonna - it's like winning a fucking lottery ticket.

So why are people all hating on her?

I think you may have described the reasons for the "hate". Some people find Madonna's adoptions morally questionable and less than good deeds. If Madonna really wanted to help, she wouldn't abduct little Mbombo Tmubmokekeke from his surroundings in Eastern Ebolaland, but rather invest heavily in his education and the social fabric around him in his native country.

Then again, all charity basically serves to make people feel good, and personally, I couldn't care less about Madonna's adoptions. However, for some people, the ones left behind are more important than little Mbombo who was SAVED by the grace of The Virgin-Like.