News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[PC]Civilization V coming!

Started by Syt, February 18, 2010, 12:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Civilization IV had Germany and the Holy Roman Empire. That didn't make much sense to me at least. And the HRE had Charlemagne as a leader, who could just as well be claimed by the French civilization, whereas Germany had Frederick the Great as leader who happened to be one of the most famous princes of the HRE.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Zanza on March 25, 2013, 12:10:00 PM
And the HRE had Charlemagne as a leader, who could just as well be claimed by the French civilization,

that would force the french to declare that they are germans after all... and we can't have that now, can we?

Martinus

Assyria seems like a great civ.

It gets a catapult replacement, making it a good conquering civ, and a library replacement which gives culture, making it good at science.

But the real treasure is the UA - it steals a tech whenever it conquers a city.

So, just invent military techs and get everything else from your plunders.

Martinus

LOL someone noticed that a Polish winged hussar screenshot published by Firaxis has an anti-tank promotion. :P

Grey Fox

Got my first, ever in all version of Civ, domination victory.

It's a little boring.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 30, 2013, 01:15:41 PM
Got my first, ever in all version of Civ, domination victory.

It's a little boring.
They tend to be.  Due to the snowball effect, if you're in position to get a dominating victory, you're usually far ahead long before you capture that last enemy capital.

Berkut

Sure wish they would have another sale on the first expansion.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Amazon has it for 20 now - though that's only $10 cheaper than steam.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Actually, I just picked up the Gold upgrade for $20 on Steam, which includes all the DLC and Gods and Kings.

Not sure why they sell G&K separate from that...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Oh good call - yeah that is strange...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

By the way, Firaxis said that BNW will include all the mechanics from G&K - so if you don't have G&K buy buy BNW, you only won't get new civs and scenarios from G&K.

Syt

Then I hope there'll be a discount for G&K owners.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on March 31, 2013, 02:10:06 AM
Then I hope there'll be a discount for G&K owners.

Why? I don't get people who reason like that. It's not like you were not enjoying the G&K content for all these months since you bought it.

By the same token, you could expect Steam to refund your money for a game that you bought at a full price, but now is in a discount bin.  :huh:

Syt

Well, for one it would show appreciation by the devs/publishers to customers who've been with them so far.

And it would be an incentive to people who haven't bought G&K yet to get both together, because G&K is now a glorified civ pack.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on March 31, 2013, 03:15:32 AM
And it would be an incentive to people who haven't bought G&K yet to get both together, because G&K is now a glorified civ pack.

Like me. :punk: