News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[PC]Civilization V coming!

Started by Syt, February 18, 2010, 12:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote-Solidarity -receive a free Social Policy when they advance into each new era

frankly, this is ridicously OP especially with that unit. Polish special ability should be: "Incapability for Independence. When Poland has more than two cities, the extra cities get distributed among its 3 neighbors".

Martinus

This is hardly OP. Check other changes to the rules.

Martinus

Brazil civ confirmed.

Release date 9/12 July.

Martinus

Martinus

Cool video from PAX

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Urh0oRLBXiw

Shows Pedro II, Ashurbanipal and the new tourism mechanics for cultural victory. Love it, as I always liked winning culturally, but it always felt somewhat lacklustre.

Now Polish culture will rule the planet! Pierogis and Catholicism for all! :unsure:

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on March 24, 2013, 04:49:20 AM
Cool video from PAX

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Urh0oRLBXiw

Shows Pedro II, Ashurbanipal and the new tourism mechanics for cultural victory. Love it, as I always liked winning culturally, but it always felt somewhat lacklustre.

Now Polish culture will rule the planet! Pierogis and Catholicism for all! :unsure:

Poland would have to win culturally, since...

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Really scraping the bottom of the barrel with things Brazil.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on March 24, 2013, 09:45:54 AM

Why is that? Not counting Aztecs and Incas, South America is not represented in Civilization 5 at all, and Brazil is quite influential these days. Considering earlier Civilizations had the Zulus, you can't really go lower than that.

Solmyr

Guess they added it before the papal election.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on March 24, 2013, 09:45:54 AM

It's the tourism mechanic they added for late game culture stuff. They probably have a tourism related UU,  UA or  UB.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Martinus

They actually do have tourism-related UA - Carnival - which doubles their tourism generation during GAs.

Josquius

Modern countries sell better than ancient civilizations. Sad but true.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on March 25, 2013, 04:19:04 AM
Modern countries sell better than ancient civilizations. Sad but true.

Well, the game concept behind civilization games have always been pretty dodgy, as if you wanted to go by the book, you would have to have a handful of ancient civilizations and that's it.