And we're back!

Main Menu

Olympic Excitement

Started by Jacob, February 05, 2010, 02:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Ape on February 22, 2010, 01:02:22 AM
Quote from: katmai on February 22, 2010, 12:57:32 AM
Speaking of underacheving at Winter Olympics, but didn't Austria use to be a powerhouse?
:unsure:
Their having a generational switch, give them another olympic or two and they'll be back

Is that it? Didn't they have a big scandal in some of the programs drug wise?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ape

Quote from: katmai on February 22, 2010, 01:07:03 AM

Is that it? Didn't they have a big scandal in some of the programs drug wise?
Not that I know of, you might be thinking of the Russians  :hmm:

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 22, 2010, 12:57:52 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 22, 2010, 12:43:52 AM
I thought there was just one skip(the big one, Debbie somethingorother).
I saw the little one throwing some rocks.  If she throws she's a skip, no?

Skip throws the last two rocks.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

And China beats Canada n extra ends! :o
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ape

Finland had a 5v3 advantage against Sweden for over 1.30 in total and couldn't score.

Ape

Insanely stupid Checking to the Head by Pitkämäki on Hörnqvist gains him a 5+20 and a possible concussion on Hörnqvist  <_<

Syt

Quote from: katmai on February 22, 2010, 12:57:32 AM
Speaking of underacheving at Winter Olympics, but didn't Austria use to be a powerhouse?
:unsure:

Austria's classic sports are Alpine and ski jumping, to some extent cross country. They used to have some decent lugers (though they won some medals there this year). They're a bit disappointed with their male team in the Alpine contests.

Alpine skiing is definitely the national sport, together with soccer (at which they suck badly).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Canadians perpetuating the Stereotype

:P
QuoteMiller had been out in Vancouver with his family the last couple nights, where the streets were full of Olympic revelers who didn't let him pass without comment. Canadian-style comment, of course, but it was comment still.

"It was the most polite trash talk I've ever heard," Miller said. "They'd say, 'that's Ryan Miller, the American goaltender. Yeah! Go Canada!'"

Go Canada? That was the trash-talk?

"'Go Canada.' They were very polite."

katmai

Wow, so no Gold Medal Russia vs Canada game eh?

katmai

Quicker look
USA will face winner of Swiss v Belarus
Finland gets winner of Czech v Latvia
Sweden takes on either Slovakia v Norway
Russia gets Canada unless a upset of epic proportions happens and Germans win :P

Vricklund

Quote from: katmai on February 22, 2010, 03:02:04 AM
Quicker look
USA will face winner of Swiss v Belarus
Finland gets winner of Czech v Latvia
Sweden takes on either Slovakia v Norway
Russia gets Canada unless a upset of epic proportions happens and Germans win :P
Haven't watched a single Swiss game but since they almost handed it to Canada I'm thinking they'll walk out as winners against the Belorussians, that didn't impress agianst Finland or Sweden.

Czech against Latvia should be a cakewalk for the Czechs.

Slovakia put up a good fight against the Czechs and Norway has hardly impressed me so far. Slovakia will be playing Sweden in the quarterfinal.

Canada will go on to play the Russians. Don't think Germany will be a push-over though.

In the quarters I think USA, Sweden and the Czechs will win. Canada vs Russia can go either way, depending on how well the Russian defense holds up.

katmai

If right Vrick it would be a semis of
USA v Czech
Sweden v Can/Rus winner.

Vricklund

Poor Sweden. They're in for it, regardless who wins.

CountDeMoney

Thank God for hockey.  The only thing saving the Olympics from being a full-fledged version of the GLBT X Games.

And as much fun as it was watching the Buffalo Sabres defeat Canada, the Olympics still aren't the same without the Warsaw Pact.

Grey Fox

X Games are awesome, when are we kicking out all those Downhill races? Racing the clock is boring.

Slovakia will not be a pushover for Sweden, Katmai.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.