News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Olympic Excitement

Started by Jacob, February 05, 2010, 02:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: alfred russel on February 21, 2010, 04:33:29 PM
If you want to drop sports, lets start with biathalon.
Do you really want to piss off the people with the guns?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

alfred russel

Quote from: HVC on February 21, 2010, 05:01:29 PM

Since you can't cross country ski into my city, I'm safe.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

Quote from: HVC on February 21, 2010, 05:01:29 PM
Oh, please, those are .22 guns.

MadImmortalMan

They need more sports, not less. Look how many countries don't even participate in the winter games. And most of the ones that do send tiny delegations. Put some popular indoor sports in there, like basketball.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

stjaba

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 21, 2010, 06:29:28 PM
They need more sports, not less. Look how many countries don't even participate in the winter games. And most of the ones that do send tiny delegations. Put some popular indoor sports in there, like basketball.

Problem is that the professional basketball season runs right in the middle of the Winter Olympics. I doubt the NBA is going to want to put a 2 week break in like the NHL is willing to do.

HVC

it'd be weird having basketball in the winter games though.... unless they started playing in the snow :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

I didn't know what channel was going to have hockey so i missed the first 90 sceonds. How the hell did america scrore already?

alfred russel

Quote from: HVC on February 21, 2010, 07:49:42 PM
I didn't know what channel was going to have hockey so i missed the first 90 sceonds. How the hell did america scrore already?

Superior skill and talent.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Admiral Yi

Subtle cheating the refs couldn't see.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HVC

Quote from: alfred russel on February 21, 2010, 07:56:02 PM
Quote from: HVC on February 21, 2010, 07:49:42 PM

Superior skill and talent.
I agree those are traits the canadians have over the americans, which is why i'm suprised the americans scored so early

:P

entertianing game though.

Grey Fox

Because between Brodeur over playing the damn puck outside his net & the NHL players losing the habit of seeing their goaltender doing that everyone is lost.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PRC

This is a hell of a hockey game.

alfred russel

If Wikipedia seedings are correct, then if Canada loses they will play Germany followed by Russia in the quarterfinals.

Ape

Highly entertaining hockey game  :D